SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yup, I’m sure. Neighbor’s neighbor is dealing drugs.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yup, I’m sure. Neighbor’s neighbor is dealing drugs. Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
And boy is he ever comfortable and confident. I guess this is California.

I’ve found my next home improvement project. He’s going to jail.

Didn’t know his ID, but starting with tax records and working through multiple levels of relationships I know more about him than he’d like. Thank you, Facebook.

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Do some good documentation of what's going on and let your local drug unit know.

That's what fuels much of my fun. But great information from concerned neighbors really gives a good start.

My unit just got three guns, one stolen, from a convicted murderer, plus a trafficking level of cocaine...all because neighbors reported it to the police.

The more detail you have when you initiate the complaint, the better chance for a big ending. Things like license plates, time of day the activity is highest, physical descriptions, door used, etc.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
It’s started. I know his name, DOB, other occupants of the house, all of their vehicles. Likely dealing meth, maybe heroin. Not weed. No hint of guns but there is likely some.

I am tired of cars turning around in front of my house to ark in front of his. I was cleaning out my wife’s car for 30 minutes today and 5 vehicles stopped by. He’d walk back counting bills.

Didn’t even notice me taking pictures with my DSLR and big ole lens. All license plates from today documented. We’ve set a notebook by the front door and when we see it, we’ll log it.

Looking into a PTZ outdoor cam I can put in my tree. I’d live to hand over a developed PC for a warrant. I work for a LE agency but in corrections... I’ve talked to a guy in the drug unit so that’s rolling.

Projects are fun.

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i would just say be careful. The stuff you find about them. They or their associates can find out about you. You could easily be putting yourself or more importantly your family in a dire situation. For example: your work schedule. You have already let it be known what you do. It all sounds great to come on the SF and tell all about your endeavour. But you could be letting others now as well. Be Careful, please. This is not a game.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Be careful. Meet with your local patrol ofc away from your house when you give your info/intel.

Besides that.. make sure you stay covered on his or your neighbors cameras

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Do consider the safety of your family while doing this. Do they have training in what to do in a home invasion? Do you have children susceptible to kidnap or harm? Druggies can be very violent.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
All very good and valid concerns that have been thought through, but reminders are always welcome.

Proper buffers are in place and any materials actually used in building a case won’t come from me and as such won’t be linkable upon discovery of any potential court case.

For instance, there was obvious reasons (to an outsider) for me being out with a large camera pointed in that direction, in case it caught his eye. Which it didn’t. He thinks he is operating completely safely.

Wheels are turning.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Don't waste your time with the state cops. They do great work of course but they don't have the same horsepower they feds do.

Drug dealers don't fear state charges or state time like they do fed time. Fed charges gets them to flip but not state.

If your neighbors are big fish the locals might bring in the feds.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Read the "I cleaned my rifle" thread......Live It!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We had neighbors that were not only drug dealers, but were "confidential informants". The police were ALWAYS over there breaking up a domestic and when I would go outside with the camera, a deputy would order me not to film them and told me it was illegal. I told her that I was pretty sure them dealing drugs illegal also.

They just allowed them to be a complete nuisance.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34116 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A meth dealer in Mo-Town? Shocking.

When I lived in that general area, meth factories were often located in turkey ranches. The turkey crap covered the smell of cooking meth.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Do consider the safety of your family while doing this. Do they have training in what to do in a home invasion? Do you have children susceptible to kidnap or harm? Druggies can be very violent.

flashguy

They can be. That's why its a good idea to to cut them out like the cancer they are. That is a greater safety than doing nothing. Or wait till the druggies show up with guns to rob him and then hope your family isnt caught in the crossfire!!!!

Posts: 7800 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
All very good and valid concerns that have been thought through, but reminders are always welcome.

Proper buffers are in place and any materials actually used in building a case won’t come from me and as such won’t be linkable upon discovery of any potential court case.

For instance, there was obvious reasons (to an outsider) for me being out with a large camera pointed in that direction, in case it caught his eye. Which it didn’t. He thinks he is operating completely safely.

Wheels are turning.

I think you should also keep in mind his supplier, he may be okay with you taking pics but the bigger fish that he deals with may be more vigilant.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I had this happen in the house across the street. The owner, ex head of the HOA, sold her house to a rental company. 3 different "families" living there. Constant new cars showing up daily through 1AM at night. Reported them consistently to the HOA and local police until they were eventually kicked out. Took almost a year.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
A couple of questions:

1. This is your neighbors neighbor correct what is he doing besides telling you?

2. What has this drug dealer brought to your door or property to offend you?

3. Is violence part of the drug dealers business model or part of his suppliers for people who interfere?

4. Is this task of yours worth risking your safety and the safety of your loved ones?

5. Are you truly prepared to bring violence to somebody over this?

6. If you do have to defend yourself do you have the money and the endurance to be the next George Zimmerman?

7. Do you think that what you’re posting here won’t be found by a Anti-Gun political prosecutor?

8. Maybe remain anonymous and keep calling police?

Things no matter how well planned go sideways fast, even if you think there’s no tie to you, if this dealer thinks there is then there is.

Stay safe.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
A meth dealer in Mo-Town? Shocking.

When I lived in that general area, meth factories were often located in turkey ranches. The turkey crap covered the smell of cooking meth.

Shocking, I know. Actually, the meth production has left. It’s virtuslly none-existent. Our briefings say it’s moved south if the border/over-sea becausebitbis sufficiently hard to get some of the ingredients in bulk.

The drug unit guy I know thinks they are dealing coke. Apparently that is making a resurgence here.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
A couple of questions:

1. This is your neighbors neighbor correct what is he doing besides telling you?

2. What has this drug dealer brought to your door or property to offend you?

3. Is violence part of the drug dealers business model or part of his suppliers for people who interfere?

4. Is this task of yours worth risking your safety and the safety of your loved ones?

5. Are you truly prepared to bring violence to somebody over this?

6. If you do have to defend yourself do you have the money and the endurance to be the next George Zimmerman?

7. Do you think that what you’re posting here won’t be found by a Anti-Gun political prosecutor?

8. Maybe remain anonymous and keep calling police?

Things no matter how well planned go sideways fast, even if you think there’s no tie to you, if this dealer thinks there is then there is.

Stay safe.

1. I do not include him in anything, for reasons not worth talking about. Suffice it to say it wouldn’t be helpful.

2. Lots of drug addicts parading down my street.

3. No. No evidence of that. None at all.

4. I will not look the other way. I will not be an appeaser. And proper precautions are in place.

5. Always prepared to defend myself or my family should the need arise, whether you’re talking physically or mentally. That decision was made 12 years ago.

6. I don’t believe there is much correlation here.

7. Another silly question. This isn’t about guns so let’s not make it political and you don’t know our prosecutors. They lack on many areas but that is not one.

8. Any potential legal proceeding will not be built upon anything traced to me. Proper PC will be developed indeoendtly even if I handed them enough to move without it.

I do appreciate the concern. It is always good to consider multiple angles and view points in case we are missing something.

We don’t run outside with a camera whenever we see a car show up. That was a one time thing with proper cover in place, and it served a specific purpose. I no longer need any images. That will be obtained from here on out by other means not including me. It helps to know people.

He will be going to jail.