SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cheap, but good (at least decent) Bourbon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap, but good (at least decent) Bourbon Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Early Times Bottled-in-Bond
Evan Williams 1783
Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond
Weller Special Reserve
Old Grand Dad
Larceny
Redemdemption High-Rye bourbon
Redemption

Old Forester Rye, which is very bourbonish

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Elijah Craig Small Batch.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can find it JTS Brown Bottled in Bond at around $12.00 might be worth a try.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Wild Turkey 101
Jim Beam Devil's Cut

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
Try Benchmark, same distillery as Buffalo Trace. Here it's around $10/liter. Its my no special occasion bourbon.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Evan Williams 1783.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
There are big bunch of these bourbons made with mid western grain that are quite good and cheap.

I am partial to Larceny myself as an everyday bourbon.

I think Evan Williams and Larceny come from the same distiller.

quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Early Times Bottled-in-Bond
Evan Williams 1783
Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond
Weller Special Reserve
Old Grand Dad
Larceny
Redemdemption High-Rye bourbon
Redemption

Old Forester Rye, which is very bourbonish

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
In addition to some of the other suggestions, I propose Evan Williams Single Barrel

+1 on EWSB. The 2019 was quite good. My "single" issue (see what I did there??) with it has been that by the time you figure out you really like a given year, it's almost sold out and unobtainium.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace, same distiller.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Rowans Creek and Bulleit are both under $30 around here and I hear they are good. I picked them up for gifts if need something quick.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
How do you drink it, straight or with something?

Just a couple ice cubes.

Then I’d suggest Makers Mark. It’s about $28 for a 750 in my area. That is a few dollars above your range but it is worth it.

Posts: 992 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
This is in my top 5. Can be had at Spec's locally for $30...

Oooops...I see TomV beat me to it. Just means we have great minds. Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Big fan of Evan Williams 1783.

This is the second recommendation for this $15 bottle. I'm the third. I like it better than bottles costing at least twice as much.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post