SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thin Blue line flag the symbol of the confederacy. Teacher harrassing student.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thin Blue line flag the symbol of the confederacy. Teacher harrassing student. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve been flying the original, (Stars & Bars) only one lady asked if it was a flag from the American Revolution. No one has said a word, been flying it since ‘19, I buy new ones when tattered. I fly our Flag on another pole.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idiots like him make this country the way it is. They can spew whatever they want and get away with it. We are truly doomed and it is only getting worse. They,liberals, have never wanted unity and strive to cause chaos and destruction as much as they can.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I’ve been flying the original, (Stars & Bars) only one lady asked if it was a flag from the American Revolution. No one has said a word, been flying it since ‘19, I buy new ones when tattered. I fly our Flag on another pole.

[like button smashed]

(ironical that so many, incorrectly, call the "other flag" by that name.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nobody says anything because few know that it is the official flag of the Confederacy. I suppose this validates the criticism levied against it at the time that it too closely resembles the U.S. Flag. I'd bet that 98% of Americans believe that the Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia is the actual Confederate Flag.

I'm curious. Do you fly a seven, eleven, or thirteen star version of the Stars & Bars? Can you even buy an eleven star version? When you say you're flying an original version, do you mean you fly the seven star version?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fly the tea-stained 13-stars. And yes, it was made in America.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Nice. Do you mind if I ask where you buy your flags? I'd like to fly one.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really want to confuse people, hoist up the Bonnie Blue Flag. Catchy tune, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

Grace Alley. You can also check out Valley Forge. High quality and durable.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

Grace Alley. You can also check out Valley Forge. High quality and durable.

Thank you. Just bought a bunch of flags.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
The guy could use a history lesson. This from Flags of Valor web site:

What is the Thin Blue Line Flag?
...A question we are often asked and worth some explanation. While the roots of the thin blue line trace its origins to the United Kingdom, it has grown in popularity here in the United States as a recognition of the commitment of law enforcement as protectors of our communities.

What is the Thin Blue Line? The phrase is borrowed from a military image of the 19th century, in which a "thin red line" of British troops ("redcoats") held off a Russian cavalry charge during the Crimean war. The first appearance of the Thin Blue Line dates back to the early 1900s when The United States Army marched into battle in their blue uniforms. Together, standing alongside, the soldiers formed a blue line, thus beginning the history we know today as the Thin Blue Line. The phrase "Thin Blue Line" was initially mentioned in a 1911 poem by Nels Dickmann Anderson. In the 1950s, the blue line was adopted by law enforcement professionals to represent their courage and sacrifice while protecting the American people.

The Thin Blue Line emblem was established to symbolize all law enforcement personnel similar to the Red Cross symbol representing all medical personnel. The Thin Blue Line embodies the unbreakable component of law enforcement standing as a safety barrier between the law-abiding citizens of America and the criminally inclined.

Ronald Reagan once said, "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."

Above the blue line represents the "good" spoken in Reagan's quote, while below the line represents the "evil." The law enforcement brothers and sisters in the United States make Ronald Reagan's quote a reality, and the Thin Blue Line represents their constant bravery. They risk their lives daily upon the streets of America. The Thin Blue Line is a small token to remind us that the presence of law enforcement is to bring forth peace and diminish hostility and violence.

Just as the American flag pays tribute to the American people and the country's sacrifices to gain independence; the flag containing the Thin Blue Line pays homage to our law enforcement. Displaying the flag in any forum demonstrates support to our law officers for their thankless efforts in keeping the peace across our great nation.

Modern Symbol
Thin Blue Line Original Symbol

https://www.flagsofvalor.com/b..._sid=75528b1ae&_ss=r

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigcrazy7, I have both, I’ve been flying the original 7 & have stowed away the 13 stars for when the other starts to look the least tacky. Rarely get blasted by the Sun or UV s.

And another poster mentioned the Bonnie Blue, got that one also. With my Gadsden Flag, the Thin Blue Flag will leave no doubt regarding my stance. Out of all this, might just help some folks with history…but then, I love history.

I picked them all up at a tacky Myrtle Beach souvenir shack. All made in China but my feelings outweighed my dislike or hate of Chinese communists.

My American Flags are in top notch shape.

Ps..update. I only checked eBay, they will sell ya a Stars & Bars..the original 7 or 13 Stars. Good luck, hope ya get what ya want.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ronald Reagan once said, "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."

Awesome quote.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Again yet another reason public education needs dismantled.

And in Las Vegas one student knocks another out cold while the student sits at her desk, while the teachers do nothing. sickening.

Seriously there's no accountability at this shithole schools.

none.

The school is more concerned that people are seeing the video, which, in turn, makes the school look bad.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sigcrazy7, I have both, I’ve been flying the original 7 & have stowed away the 13 stars for when the other starts to look the least tacky. Rarely get blasted by the Sun or UV s.

And another poster mentioned the Bonnie Blue, got that one also. With my Gadsden Flag, the Thin Blue Flag will leave no doubt regarding my stance. Out of all this, might just help some folks with history…but then, I love history.

I picked them all up at a tacky Myrtle Beach souvenir shack. All made in China but my feelings outweighed my dislike or hate of Chinese communists.

My American Flags are in top notch shape.

Ps..update. I only checked eBay, they will sell ya a Stars & Bars..the original 7 or 13 Stars. Good luck, hope ya get what ya want.

Thanks. I’m going to look around and see what I find. I’d really like an eleven star version. Being from Virginia, I’d at least like the eleven over the seven star, but I don’t think KY and MO should be included, not officially being a part of the Confederacy. A bit pedantic, I know.

posted Hide Post
I think the Kansas-Nebraska Act 1854, was the kick off.

Bleeding Kansas & border wars with Mo. Missouri jumped right in.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Reporter says the thin blue line is now a show of opposition to the racial justice movement? First I’ve heard of that! Just the left trying to cancel one more American value. See conservatives supporting a cause? Let’s redirect that belief, give it a new name and cancel it.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, respect for the law. Nothing more or less.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
What's wrong with the Confederate Flag? Confused

Not a thing!!! I have a very large one in my home.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
This whole thin line thing has gotten way out of line. It's expanded to where everyone wants a thin "x" line flag to honor their profession and show how special they are.

https://emflag.com/blog/what-d...%20Parole%20Officers.

Thin Blue Line

Thin Red Line

Thin White Line

Thin Green Line

Thin Gold Line

Thin Silver Line

Thin Orange Line

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just fly the current version of the US Flag 24/7, illuminated at night (2 different lights). I buy the official size, with aspect ratio 1:1.9. I want a new one, but Valley Forge is not making them right now due to COVID personnel shortages.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post