SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just Heard Rand Paul On Local Radio Show Warning That Establishment R's Are Trying To "Fix" Obamacare Instead Of Dismantling It!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Just Heard Rand Paul On Local Radio Show Warning That Establishment R's Are Trying To "Fix" Obamacare Instead Of Dismantling It! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Listening to a local Philly conservative talk radio show this morning and the host Dom Giordano just had Rand Paul on about how these Establishment R’s led by Paul Ryan are trying to “fix” Obamacare instead of dismantling it as we ELECTED them to do. One of the things they are keeping secret and behind closed doors apparently is an EXPANDED individual mandate fine if you don’t buy insurance which may actually increase from what Obamacare dings you for and it would be paid directly to INSURANCE COMPANIES under their plan. This is not going to fly! WTF, these people just don’t get it!
Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Heard Rand on the radio. Cant wait to see what comes of this.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprise, surprise. NOT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
The Breitbart org and Hannity are both sharpening their pitchforks. Have been for about a week now.

This, after Ryan assured Hannity that a consensus plan was being scored by CBO - followed by more than one Freedom Caucus member saying, "first we've heard of it".

It's gonna be time to exercise some corrective measures if they don't fall in line.

This has been ramping up for weeks.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Did Rand Paul ever release his plan that would replace ACA? I know he was working on one.

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Who knows what they're doing, since they're doing it in secret? This is the same kind of thing for which Republicans criticized Billary in Clinton's first term. The height of hypocrisy.

I predicted that, when Republicans won the White House and both legislative houses, they'd do what Republicans always do: Get themselves tossed out on their ears in the next election. So far they appear to be running true to form Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
As we've learned--over and over again, establishment Republicans are very little different than establishment Democrats.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It's Obamacare light. This is what happens when govt fixes rather than the free market.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Government never solves problems. They rearrange problems. Heard that here on Sigforum.

It's time We rearrange the establishment politicians and help Trump drain the swamp come election time.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Rotten bastards

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Who expected anything different? Trump himself said they were keeping the "good" parts of it and that everybody would be covered. The most important thing is that the fine is going away so people who can't afford it won't get dinged again at tax time. There are a handful that actually wanted to repeal it, but most of them are of the mindset that health insurance is the governments job to interfere in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
Who expected anything different? Trump himself said they were keeping the "good" parts of it and that everybody would be covered. The most important thing is that the fine is going away so people who can't afford it won't get dinged again at tax time. There are a handful that actually wanted to repeal it, but most of them are of the mindset that health insurance is the governments job to interfere in.

Did you even read what I said that Rand Paul is trying to warn us???

The FINE is NOT GOING AWAY with Obamacare Lite. In fact he's saying it MAY GO HIGHER, and the money goes straight to the insurance companies, not the IRS!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Soon as I heard the words "Repeal and Replace" I knew we were screwed. All I want is them toget tid of that turd, the unACA. Let the market sort it out. Let people make decisions for themselves.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:

Did you even read what I said that Rand Paul is trying to warn us???

The FINE is NOT GOING AWAY with Obamacare Lite. In fact he's saying it MAY GO HIGHER, and the money goes straight to the insurance companies, not the IRS!

And Paul Ryan just refuted to Bret Baier everything that Rand Paul said. So who knows what's going to be in the final bill?

We won't know what's being presented until the actual bill is put to the floor.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Soon as I heard the words "Repeal and Replace" I knew we were screwed. All I want is them toget tid of that turd, the unACA. Let the market sort it out. Let people make decisions for themselves.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Agree, repeal and let the working folk figure it out.

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

And Paul Ryan just refuted to Bret Baier everything that Rand Paul said. So who knows what's going to be in the final bill?

We won't know what's being presented until the actual bill is put to the floor.

Frankly, I don't trust Paul Ryan as far as I can throw him.