SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone use Patriot Mobile ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone use Patriot Mobile ? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I’m curious about these guys and I’d much rather support the causes they believe in than say Verizon, AT&T, etc. I’m in the DFW area of Texas and travel rarely. They reportedly use Sprint’s network which has merged with T Mobile.

https://patriotmobile.com/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I asked the same question here a while back and got no replies whatever. I eventually decided to give them a try anyhow, but their web site messed up and wouldn't accept the plan and phone I selected into the shopping cart. After restarting the process several times with the same results I gave up.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Bummer, thanks for the info

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There are more cost-effective MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operaters, aka airtime resellers) available.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30689 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I’m curious about these guys and I’d much rather support the causes they believe in than say Verizon, AT&T, etc. I’m in the DFW area of Texas and travel rarely. They reportedly use Sprint’s network which has merged with T Mobile.

https://patriotmobile.com/

Would be interesting if they could cut significantly into the market...many would probably be willing to forego 'cheaper' options to support something specifically pro-Rights/2A.

But the industry giants are no doubt not making it easy for them.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’m wasn’t interested in switching for the sake of money, I just wanted to support them. Unfortunately it looks like their coverage isn’t that great in Texas..according to a friend who worked in the cellular world for several years.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
But the industry giants are no doubt not making it easy for them.

They're simply a reseller of airtime on existing wireless networks. An MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), like Boost, Consumer Cellular, Cricket, Tracfone, and a few dozen others.

Other than what few, very few, independent regional operators remain, all wireless service in the U.S. is supplied by Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m wasn’t interested in switching for the sake of money, I just wanted to support them. Unfortunately it looks like their coverage isn’t that great in Texas..according to a friend who worked in the cellular world for several years.

You could use their check coverage tool...the big three TX cities seem pretty well covered, but west, El Paso area...not so much.

https://patriotmobile.com/pages/check-coverage

They do have a few different phone options.

If it worked as well as the other resellers (Boost, etc.), probably more than a couple would join. But probably most don't want to be the 'guinea pig' at a few hundred bucks+ to see how well it works in their area or not.

Something to keep in mind tho.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:

That was my motivation as well. Unfortunately, you also have to provide a service and for me they just didn't. If they had a brick & mortar store locally I'd have gone there (Covid shutdown notwithstanding), but as far as I can tell they don't have any actual stores, just an online presence.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post