SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we think of SunJoe for ELECTRIC pressure washers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we think of SunJoe for ELECTRIC pressure washers? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I will, once the weather cooperates. Supposed to rain for the next week plus straight.

So that's where all the rain went?

We haven't had a drop of rain here in PA going on a month now

Posts: 33839 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hell, we just finally got a week break without rain for the past month! Big Grin

Posts: 32537 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I will, once the weather cooperates. Supposed to rain for the next week plus straight.

Damn. Hot and dry here.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24154 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I only got a half inch of rain during the month of May. Grass is turning brown already.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4138 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I have the biggest gas and smallest electric washers that Lowes sells. Both have their place. I consider the cheap electric ones throwaways… I have had 3 of those over a span of -20 years.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Got my Sun Joe SPX3001 yesterday, and had a chance to use it today washing some cars. Here are my thoughts:

1) It works well. Plenty of pressure for household use (advertised 2030 PSI with 1.76 GPM, but that's a best case estimate).

2) Lightweight and quiet. The wheels aren't the greatest, especially with having to dodge 3 different cords/hoses (water, power, and gun), but it's light enough to just pick up and move around as needed. The unit doesn't run unless the trigger is depressed, and even when running it isn't loud enough to be annoying.

3) The included 25' hose for the gun isn't nearly long enough. Can't get all the way around even a compact SUV without repositioning at least once. They offer a 25' extension hose for another $30, which I just ordered. That total 50' should be just right, plus opens up the options for where it can be used around the exterior of the house without having to run an extension power cord.

4) The hose seems like decent quality, but the rest of the washer is mostly plastic, and feels cheap. This isn't going to last a lifetime. However, it comes with a 2 year warranty, and when you register it with the manufacturer you have the option to purchase another 3 years for $39, which I did. So between the $160 washer and $39 warranty extension, even if it breaks the day after the 5 year warranty runs out, I'm sure I'll have gotten my $40/year out of it.

5) The $25 aftermarket quick connect kit that I ordered alongside it is well worth it. The water hose, pressure hose, wand, and nozzles are all now quick-disconnect. Makes setup and breakdown a lot easier. This kit works with all of the SPX model washers. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D...dt_b_product_details

6) The $40 aftermarket stubby gun was likewise a solid purchase. Much more comfortable and higher quality than Sun Joe's included elongated gun, and much easier to maneuver around. And it uses the same 1/4 QD nozzle as the factory gun so all the normal attachments interchange. About the only time I'd see myself using the wanded gun (or a wand extension for the stubby) is if I was trying to pressure wash pavement at near-contact distance from the nozzle, so I wouldn't have to stoop as much. And it comes with a 3/8 QD that interfaces with the above QD kit for the hose. https://www.amazon.com/Torq-EQ...hment/dp/B07R8B29JF/

7) Foam cannons are fun, and a great tool. Well worth the $20 for washing cars, especially when paired with the stubby gun (though you could stick it on the end of the factory included elongated gun too, it would just be bit unwieldy). https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe...ector/dp/B09B48YDGS/

8) If you plan on keeping it after the warranty runs out, I'd suggest sticking with the SPX3000. It doesn't have the hose reel like the SPX3001, but because the connection between the body and the gun hose for the 3001 is made at the reel, the 3001 apparently has a proprietary connection on that end of the hose. The hose is one of the more likely areas to develop a problem by springing a leak, but because of this proprietary connection at the reel you can't just swap in an aftermarket replacement hose like you could on the 3000 with its standard screw-on connection between the body and the hose. (Wish I had known that going in to it, and I would have stuck with the 3000... Even the ad photo for the 3001 shows a standard hose with screw attachments for both ends, for some reason.)

Standard pressure washer hose with screw attachments on either end:

SPX3001 hose with proprietary attachment on one end:

Posts: 32537 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
We bought one during a 'flash' sale on line. Biggest electric (pressure-wise) they offer. Used it 4-5 times to clean deck and driveway. ZERO problems - powerful enough to throughly clean dirt/mulch crap and built in mud off drive. Deck (19 year old TREK) looks brand new. Very impressed for the cost.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post