SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Google searches slanted?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Google searches slanted? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Try this:
Type in Hillary Clinton is a.... notice your continued drop-down choice options

Now do the same thing on Bing and Duckgoduck

Vastly different completion of the hypothetical sentence!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Does the pope wear a funny hat?

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Why does anybody still use Google?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Does the pope wear a funny hat?

He's wearing one every time he spots a bear shitting in the woods.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
he he

Yeah. Slanted as shit.

he he

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Yes they is... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Bastards! But we already knew that.

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
First search result for 'I love the NRA' is "I own eight guns and still hate the NRA".

So yes, gulagle is fucked.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr kablammo,

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'll believe Google is on the up-and-up when I see an honest FBI agent ride in on his unicorn, white hat and all.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
As for me, I wouldn't touch anything that says Google (or Android) with a thirty foot pole at night underwater. Not just no, but F___ NO!

I know exactly what they can do with their Supercookies! Mad

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
of course

how is this even a question ?

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I'll believe Google is on the up-and-up when I see an honest FBI agent ride in on his unicorn, white hat and all.

Where would a guy get a white hat for a unicorn?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Slanted big time! So it Twitter, Facebook.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Broadly, sure. Every search engine is, to varying degrees, intentionally and unintentionally.

However, IIRC, those Predictive Search Phrases that come up as you type are managed/edited separately from the Search Results themselves because people were gaming them to say funny things, so just because something doesn't show up in that list doesn't mean it won't return those search results for you, it just won't predict them as examples of common search phrases. But it's been a while since I've dug into it all.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To a large extent these type of searches are based on the preponderance of previous searches.

So, if all of us, (the entire firearms community), were to do a search 5 times a day using the term "hillary clinton is a Felon" after 6 months or so that could be the first item to come up in the listing.

Unfortunately as soon as those bat shit liberals at Google caught on to what we were doing they would set their software to Exclude that specific search phrase from the history for searches related to this singularly EVIL person.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is Google searches slanted?

Yes, they "are". Eek

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5740 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post