SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I can't remember the last time someone had a baby here
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can't remember the last time someone had a baby here Login/Join 
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dar185:
We had our sixth on 7/5. A boy. I can’t promise to post for the next one because my wife said we are done Smile

Congrats on your sixth!! Our sixth (and last) kid just graduated from high school at the beginning of the summer. And our fourth graduated from college in May. So, we're down to just two in college this fall!! Since all six went to parochial grade & high schools, and half went to private colleges, it's like a vacation to only have one public & one private college tuition this fall!! Eek

On the other hand, our one & only (so far) grandkid is 18 months old and is a hoot!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one, did my part, but count me part of the group that does not want more. I'd be hesitant to have a child in this day and age.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Sounds like they all ran out of film anyway,

Film? What's that?

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
quote:
We had our sixth on 7/5. A boy. I can’t promise to post for the next one because my wife said we are done Smile

Congrats on your sixth!! Our sixth (and last) kid just graduated from high school at the beginning of the summer. And our fourth graduated from college in May. So, we're down to just two in college this fall!! Since all six went to parochial grade & high schools, and half went to private colleges, it's like a vacation to only have one public & one private college tuition this fall!! Eek

On the other hand, our one & only (so far) grandkid is 18 months old and is a hoot!!! Big Grin

Thank you. I am not looking forward to college. My oldest is 14. Going to need a second job, lol. Sounds like you have done a great job with your six.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Married almost two years ago, wife is 35, I'm 40, it's about time to get started. We are going to be those parents that the other parent's say "look that's cute, their grandparents brought them to practice."

My first was born when I was 38 and Wifey 35. Second born when I was 40 and Wifey 37. Friendly advice: Get all the sleep you can NOW.

Posts: 3151 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Granddaughter #2 due end of this month. Will let you know.

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were part of an “AK Supper Club” in our late 20s/early 30s. AK means “anti-kids”. That lasted 2.5 years. Now its more the late bloomers club, and the youngest is 6yo. It’s interesting raising a kid in this environment, but it must be done. We can only deal with the news as it comes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barndg00,

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My birthday! Only 50 years apart. Congrats to the youngster for picking a good day.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2364 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Few more months and you'll have plenty of covid-boomers.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bendable I had a granddaughter last December.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell'em you need a picture to share with your forum friends

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had our first, a boy on April 20th this year. Probably will need to put in some extra effort to ensure he won't be the proverbial pothead as he gets older.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
my first grandchild arrived in late April. Mentioned it in anothers thread.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Married almost two years ago, wife is 35, I'm 40, it's about time to get started. We are going to be those parents that the other parent's say "look that's cute, their grandparents brought them to practice."

This was me a few years ago, our first I was 40 and last year we had our 2nd one and I was 43. Only bad thing is the vast majority of our friends already have teenagers!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3643 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
My youngest grand kid just had a birthday. He's 13.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6316 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I had a food baby on Taco Tuesday, chips and salsa, guac, three tacos, a Tamal washed down with a few Dos Equis amber

Posts: 5328 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I had a food baby on Taco Tuesday, chips and salsa, guac, three tacos, a Tamal washed down with a few Dos Equis amber

Did you name it Bono?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
my son and his wife had a granddaughter, but that was nine months ago.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I had to look it up Balze, Herr Brolof had THE food baby

https://southpark.cc.com/clips/73vgqz/bono-is-crap

Waaayyy behind on South Park

Posts: 5328 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post

Always happy, 3.5 months

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6320 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post