SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ Buying votes. that's all it is. Pure and simple.

Tough to compete with Santa Claus.

quote:
Ninety-seven percent of all student debt was held by people earning less than $150,000 as individuals or less than $300,000 as a couple in 2019

Then those people with the loans should freaking pay it off, and leave the rest of us out of it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"...Ninety-seven percent of all student debt was held by people earning less than $150,000 as individuals or less than $300,000 as a couple in 2019..."

The average Student Loan Debt per person is about $40k.
If 97% are earning $150,000 per year, drive a shitbox $2k car and pay that debt off in 3-5 years.

And still be maximizing retirement contributions, health insurance premiums, making mortgage payment, stacking cash into liquid savings, and eat well.

I was making that much, paying two mortgages, two vehicle loans, and an additional grand a month in support.

Sound like 97% are penny foolish and simply do not like responsibility or consequences for bad actions.

I would be glad to take on $40,000 of student loan debt and $150,000 salary for the next 5 years.

I could pay that off in a year or less, and be setting pretty damned good in 5 years.

Let me play that against the 97%.

If at the end of five years, I have $0 student loan debt and more wealth built up, I get double what I have earned. Otherwise, I walk away from whatever I have accumulated.

(I have walked this road, I know what can be done.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
^^^ Buying votes. that's all it is. Pure and simple.

Pure and simple.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Absolutely infuriating.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
He cant just waive his executive order magic wand and pay off people's debt...has to go through congress, yes?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
White House Correspondents' Dinner

Trevor Noah:

“Since you’ve come into office, things are really looking up. Gas is up, rent is up, food is up! Everything!”

biden:

video at

https://twitter.com/RNCResearc...-great-look-n2606597

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/news...on-as-midterms-loom/

Biden had lunch Monday with former President Bill Clinton, as Democrats are facing long odds to retain their congressional majorities in November’s midterm elections

White House press secretary Jen Psaki declined to say what the pair would discuss, only saying “I’m sure they will have a broad conversation.”

likely true

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Took me a second.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden today:

'MAGA is the most extreme political organization in American history'

Go fuck yourself, you dementia-riddled puppet PIECE OF SHIT! Mad

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
As long as Kackles is in the #2 spot, we are stuck with Dementia Joe.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If they forgive $10K in student loan debt, I want them to reimburse me $10K for the money I spent out of my own pocket on my college education.

Fair is fair, right?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Biden’s MAGA outburst shows they are terrified of Trump STILL!

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Took me a second.

--image deleted--

I still don't get it. totally lost on it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Took me a second.

--image deleted--

I still don't get it. totally lost on it.

Dew wah Diddy Diddy
Dumb Diddy Dew

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

only saying “I’m sure they will have a broad conversation.”

likely true

Irony in choice of words involving Clinton....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
WTF is up with Biden saying “Don’t Jump!”?

This is at least the third time in a few months IIRC he’s done this, is this a dementia thing?

Biden just yelled "don't jump" while taking a picture with Paralympic athletes.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He says it all the time. It's this idiot's standard "joke".

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Someone please explain how this is legal for Biden to waive 'any' student debt (or any other debt for that matter). I just see no constitutional basis at all for this, though that doesn't seem to be much of a concern anymore.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
If they forgive $10K in student loan debt, I want them to reimburse me $10K for the money I spent out of my own pocket on my college education.

Fair is fair, right?
By god, yes it is!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post