SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 630
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Listen again, I'm pretty sure she's saying "circle jerk".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8357 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The Biden DOJ is now indicting people who posted memes in 2016. This is not an exaggeration, the guy literally posted memes like 'vote for Hillary by replying to this tweet' and other nonsense like that. Facing federal indictment and 10 years in the federal pen now. Paying a Russian spy for a fake dossier and lying to a federal judge about evidence for a FISA warrant to sway the election - nothing. Posting a stupid meme - 10 years in prison.

https://twitter.com/mtracey/st.../1354505226720567297

Read the full nonsensical indictment here:
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr...ile/1360816/download

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you read the indictment, the Agent goes on and on about her vast investigative experience. Of 3 years! When I had 3 years on the job, I did not even rate driving a new patrol car.
Its amazing to me that what was once the preeminent law enforcement agency in our country has reduced itself to investigating an idiot posting memes to other idiots who believed you could vote with a text.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
No. You were sold a bill of goods that the process was corrupted. If it were, at least some of the lawsuits filed would have succeeded.

Fraud didn't make Trump lose the election. Trump made Trump lose the election.

Now I know a lot of people here aren't going to agree. I don't really care. What I DO care about is that a lot of conservatives are going to check out of the electoral process because of Trump's bullshit, which is going to guarantee the liberals are going to stay in power

quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

WOW, you missed the point by county mile!

The whole process is now completely corrupted.

How are you going to vote someone out, when they control the vote counting???

What just happened in November?

Is it "fraud" when it's never investigated? I moved from CA to AZ more than two years before this election, I notified CA (the Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters) of my move and simultaneously registered as a resident/voter in AZ, yet months before this election I was sent a questionnaire from Los Angeles asking what language I wanted my ballot sent to me (in ARIZONA) in!

The corruption inherent in ballot harvesting is undeniable, especially since these same ballots haven't been verified by signature comparisons. In CA, the Department of Motor Vehicles automatically registers EVERYONE that obtains a driver's license or state issued identification card, including illegal aliens. Much has been made of the fact that illegal aliens' driver's licenses indicate they don't meet federal standards for legitimacy, BUT nothing has been said about the fact that:
1) All those who receive licenses and ID cards from the state who are ineligible to vote MUST VOLUNTARILY "OPT OUT" (off) the voter registration rolls.
2) CA polling personnel are legally prohibited from asking for ANY ID of those showing up to vote or mailing in ballots.
3) Vote "harvesting" is legal in this state and it's rife with opportunities for fraudulent balloting under the above circumstances.

No "fraud" here, eh? I have a friend that observed voter fraud (he's a retired police sergeant) as a poll watcher and his attempt to report this was negated by those appointed by Democrats. The Attorney General is a hardcore Democrat and he's in charge of the CA Department of Justice, the organization responsible for investigating complaints of voter fraud, that he repeatedly insists he's never received.

I'm a retired cop (as you know) and my family immigrated to Los Angeles in the 1950's, in part because of the corruption they saw firsthand in Chicago (my place of birth). California has become the "new" Chicago politically, and hopes to make the entire country follow in it's footsteps. When they insist we (taxpayers) allow illegal aliens to be counted in the census so that congressional districts will be weighted in their favor, the "fix" couldn't be more obvious. Yes, voter FRAUD is evident, even though those responsible for investigating/prosecuting the offenders have obviously ignored their duty to do so.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you read the indictment, the Agent goes on and on about her vast investigative experience. Of 3 years! When I had 3 years on the job, I did not even rate driving a new patrol car.

I had more time on the station toilet than that in my career.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
No. You were sold a bill of goods that the process was corrupted. If it were, at least some of the lawsuits filed would have succeeded.

Fraud didn't make Trump lose the election. Trump made Trump lose the election.

Now I know a lot of people here aren't going to agree. I don't really care. What I DO care about is that a lot of conservatives are going to check out of the electoral process because of Trump's bullshit, which is going to guarantee the liberals are going to stay in power

quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

WOW, you missed the point by county mile!

The whole process is now completely corrupted.

How are you going to vote someone out, when they control the vote counting???

What just happened in November?

BBMW,

Gonna disagree with you, kind of.

1. I believe fraud did happen, just not on the "massive" scale Trump's team claimed but, just enough in a select few areas.

2. The limited amount of time prevented his team from gathering enough of the right evidence to make a convincing case to SCOTUS.

3. Trump's actions is likely to bring out the fringe elements - on both sides - for 2024.

4. Biden’s actions (and possibly his removal for mental incapacity) will bring out core Republicans in force along with moderate Democrats who just want a job (ie., union members and others who are about to go on unemployment in the next two years.

5. If the first two weeks of Biden are any indication of the next 18 months, there'll be a Republican tidal wave in 2022 just like 1994.

The biggest, I hope, will be tidal wave followed by changes (for 2024) with regards to how the federal elections (legislative and executives branches) which will ensure only those legally allowed to vote do and, an openess of the counting process to possibly include a requirement for live streaming of ALL counting.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:. . . I'm a retired cop (as you know) and my family immigrated to Los Angeles in the 1950's, in part because of the corruption they saw firsthand in Chicago (my place of birth). California has become the "new" Chicago politically, and hopes to make the entire country follow in it's footsteps. When they insist we (taxpayers) allow illegal aliens to be counted in the census so that congressional districts will be weighted in their favor, the "fix" couldn't be more obvious. Yes, voter FRAUD is evident, even though those responsible for investigating/prosecuting the offenders have obviously ignored their duty to do so.

So Officer Pulicords, I would like your professional opinion. (I lived in Silicon Valley for close to 4 decades, well know the political machinations of the Bay Area).

What do you think will take out CA first: earthquake, tsunami, meteor, bankruptcy (moral and/or financial)??

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:. . .

1. I believe fraud did happen, just not on the "massive" scale Trump's team claimed but, just enough in a select few areas.

2. The limited amount of time prevented his team from gathering enough of the right evidence to make a convincing case to SCOTUS.

3. Trump's actions is likely to bring out the fringe elements - on both sides - for 2024.

4. Biden’s actions (and possibly his removal for mental incapacity) will bring out core Republicans in force along with moderate Democrats who just want a job (ie., union members and others who are about to go on unemployment in the next two years.

5. If the first two weeks of Biden are any indication of the next 18 months, there'll be a Republican tidal wave in 2022 just like 1994.

The biggest, I hope, will be tidal wave followed by changes (for 2024) with regards to how the federal elections (legislative and executives branches) which will ensure only those legally allowed to vote do and, an openess of the counting process to possibly include a requirement for live streaming of ALL counting.

I might suggest there will also be increasing fractures in our society caused by political and economic turmoils.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2. The limited amount of time prevented his team from gathering enough of the right evidence to make a convincing case to SCOTUS

This point is worth elaborating on because it comes up often. SCOTUS is not a trial court except in a few very specific situations - it is an appellate court so the "case" one makes to the SCOTUS is that a lower court got something wrong that the SCOTUS should correct. Cases are made in the trial courts and work their way up. The case that people focus on in this context is Texas v. Pennsylvania where one state sued another, which is one of the few cases where a case can be filed and tried in the SCOTUS. That case was dismissed because the court found that Texas did not have standing to challenge Pennsylvania's election process. The basis for this decision has drawn a lot of criticism because it sounds like a hyper-technical way to dodge the issue but it isn't -- standing is a very real and very important doctrine, and based on my reading of the cases it was correct.

That does not mean there isn't a way for SCOTUS to address the issue: one candidate can sue the other. That is what we saw in Bush v. Gore, which challenged how Florida was applying its laws in the 2000 election and that case made it to the SCOTUS in short order. I haven't heard any cogent explanation why Trump did not sue Biden in Pennsylvania on the same grounds as Texas (and other states) tried to, which would have made sense because there is precedent for doing so and it cures the standing issue.

The point here is that the judicial system is equipped to deal with these issues. I can't say whether they failed because of bad tactical decisions, an absence of proof, or because they were baseless. I have not, however, seen any instance where a meritorious claim was rejected by the court due to politics or corruption.

The system is imperfect and there is fraud in every election, no doubt, and we should address those issues head on. But we will never have zero issues and zero fraud so getting enough votes to overcome those things seems like the highest priority. As long as we have elections with razor-thin margins people will have legitimate concerns about their integrity. It's like holding in football - it happens on virtually every play and that isn't going to change. You can complain about it all you want but if you score enough points it doesn't matter.

Posts: 996 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Holy Schnike

Even the New York Times is begging Dictator Biden to stop it already with all the executive orders:

Ease Up on the Executive Actions, Joe

I’m wondering if they are already starting to get nervous about this causing them to lose the House and Senate in two years?

Posts: 33860 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:

I had more time on the station toilet than that in my career.

Genius! Getting paid to do your business at work.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m wondering if they are already starting to get nervous about this causing them to lose the House and Senate in two years?

Whether Trump used EOs or not, this many EOs looks like an admission of weakness. After all, if these are such good ideas, why not go to Congress and get them transformed into legislation? Legislation should be more permanent and indicates that there's broad support among the voters, right?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
somebody please hide his pen

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
They are weak. This is how an illegitimate ruler behaves.

That doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is when Trump signed an EO, the ink wasn’t wet on it by the time the first lawsuit already had an injunction attached. Bidet is seemingly going unchecked and ruling like a third world potentate.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I saw Mick Mulvaney on FOX yesterday. If I understood correctly, there are Executive Orders & then there are Executive Memos. The first carries an obligation by the affected agency/department to act upon it while the Memo is an “expression” of a wish by the Executive. Since we know that most of the agencies/departments are filled with swamp creatures, his wish is their command for the most part. Again if I understood him correctly, no one is advertising what Biden is doing with Memos, but he’s churning them out at roughly the same rate as the Orders. His example was a Memo sent to the OMB letting them know that most of the bills they would be analyzing would contain “climate change” or “equity” items. They were directed to consider that either of these type items would be a wash. Whatever expense was involved would be offset by some “benefit” from the bill.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After I read the referenced NYT article, I made the mistake of reading some of the comments. Most of the commenters want more EOs, not less.
Nauseating. Full on support for a dictatorship.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
After I read the referenced NYT article, I made the mistake of reading some of the comments. Most of the commenters want more EOs, not less.
Nauseating. Full on support for a dictatorship.

Dictatorships are good . . . as long as you are part of the "in crowd". Problem is, it takes only a hiccup to become part of the "out crowd".

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
That is why there is no reasoning with someone who doesn’t realize this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
A long while back (during the O'Zippy days) I had been reminded that executive orders were written to prioritize or clarify how the administration wanted to carry out existing laws , and NOT intended to subvert, reverse, or create new laws around congress. HUGE difference. This is why we were upset back in 2008-16.

No one pressed the issue then, and congress does not seem to have any appetite to contest this now Frown

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2011 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding? Congressweasels love EOs. Come election time they can run as cheerleaders for the EOs that accomplish what congressweasels can't accomplish in Congress OR they can run against whatever the EO says. Either way, the only person actually taking responsibility for what an EO does is whoever issues the EO.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post