SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Senate Report On Biden-Ukraine Accusations To Drop Within Days

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ons-drop-within-days

Senate Republicans are set to release their long-awaited report on Joe and Hunter Biden's activities in Ukraine, and is expected to conclude that Hunter Biden's lucrative seat the board of Ukrainian energy giant Burisma impacted Obama-era Ukraine policy, which was led by Joe Biden at the time, according to The Hill.

Joe Biden has been accused of abusing his position in a quid-pro-quo arrangement whereby he admitted he withheld $1 billion in US loan guarantees if the country's lead prosecutor investigating Burisma was fired.

The Bidens have denied any wrongdoing, however depositions from former Ukrainian officials who were directly involved, as well as leaked recordings between Joe Biden and former Ukrainian President Petro Proroshenko have painted a picture of textbook corruption. Notably, Ukrainian parliamentarian Andriy Derkach was sanctioned by the Treasury Department for "spreading disinformation to 'undermine' the former vice president" when he leaked several recordings of "voices similar to Poroshenko and Biden" discussing the quid-pro-quo, which Derkach says a journalist gave to him.

The Senate report follows a probe spearheaded by Sens. Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Chuck Grassley (R-IA), and is expected to be released this week.

"I think it’s time for the American people to see what we’ve got," said Johnson, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. "What our investigations are uncovering, I think, will reveal this is not somebody we should be electing president of the United States," he added.

The report will come days before the first presidential debate between President Trump and Joe Biden, and will likely provide Trump with plenty of fresh ammunition. Biden, meanwhile, will be able to trot out Trump's latest sexual assault accusation, to which Trump will be able to trot out Biden's.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) predictably downplayed the report - warning that the Biden-Burisma probe was nothing more than a "political exercise," adding "It’s not the legitimate role of government for Congress or for taxpayer expense to be used in an effort to damage political opponents."

The Biden campaign responded - telling The Hill: "It is disgraceful enough for the chair of the Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee to dismiss the worst public health crisis in generations and abandon oversight of the failed federal response to the pandemic. But to instead subsidize a foreign influence operation against the sovereignty of our elections with American taxpayer dollars, all in a vain attempt to resuscitate a conspiracy theory that hinges on Senator Johnson himself being corrupt, is tragic malfeasance."

That's quite the statement - and telegraphs Biden's likely bullet points for the debate. Whether he can effectively convey them is anyone's guess.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) attempted to pass a resolution condemning the GOP's Burisma probe, while The Hill also reports that Democrats may claim that the probe violates the Senate's Rule 19 - which states that "no Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."

"President Trump's Department of the Treasury sanctions Derkach, and the chairman of the committee repeats the same kind of discredited allegations that Derkach propagates. It is outrageous. It is a disgrace," Schumer added. Johnson, meanwhile, has denied any contact with Derkach during the investigation.

In other words, it doesn't matter what the GOP probe concludes about the Bidens and Ukraine - it's 'unbecoming of a Senator' to investigate at all.

According to Sen. Johnson, "I saw their resolution ... so I was going to enter my own," adding "When I came on the floor, I was basically warned, ‘We are concerned about what’s going to happen here on the floor.’ ... We were all warned."

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Rush mentioned this morning that from a "reliable source", the reason Biden will not release his SCOTUS list of potential justices is because Stacey Abrams is on top of the list Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

I dunno if “slow” is really the right word...

But he's not fast either.

Let's just say Joe's half-fast.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Snicker....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
CAN’T MAKE THIS UP: Twitter Locks TV Host Steve Malzberg’s Account After Linking to Video of Groper Biden for “Violation of Child Sexual Exploitation Policy”
As I've noted before, Twitter is a digital cesspool, and the US Congress should give Jack Dorsey a colonoscopy with a ten foot diameter drainage pipe before shutting down Twitter permanently.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mark Levin:

I am publicly inviting Joe Biden to sit down with me on Life, Liberty & Levin for a full hour interview. Subjects would include the Supreme Court, China, the coronavirus and coming vaccine, law and order and the riots, and his 110-page manifesto.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

No risk for Mark to make this offer as he has no hair to sniff. Wink

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Hiding Biden visited the Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry in Manitowoc; workers don't look too thrilled, wondering if they're praying that Biden doesn't sniff their hair Eek

*I'm guessing the arrow is so that Joe knows which direction to walk

**good thing he's social distancing Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I've been following this thread too long - now I'm wondering what he's up to with his hand in his own pocket.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ I've been following this thread too long - now I'm wondering what he's up to with his hand in his own pocket.

Diaper is getting heavy and he's holding them up?

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden refuses to say who is on his SC nomination list

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...point-supreme-court/

He admitted the first selection was based on race and gender: a black woman. But beyond that, he would not provide additional details.

“Should voters know?” the reporter asked. “Should voters know who you’re going to appoint?”

“No, they don’t, but they will if I’m elected. They’ll have plenty of time,” Biden answered.

He claimed he would not share the names because it, among other things, would give critics too much time to scrutinize them.

and Biden refuses to answer if he would add seats to the SC

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...id-add-scotus-seats/

Biden to @WBAY declines to answer q on adding seats to SCOTUS if GOP replaces RBG

"It’s a legitimate question, but let me tell you why I’m not going answer...it will shift the focus."

"Let’s say I answer...then the whole debate's gonna be about what Biden said or didn’t say.”

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
“No, they don’t, but they will if I’m elected. They’ll have plenty of time,” Biden answered.
Where have I heard that before? I know...."We have to pass the bill so you can see what's in it." - Pelosi.

Though it likely won't happen, Biden needs to be pressed hard on this question and made to answer.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Wow, we now have proof Biden uses a teleprompter during interviews. He is giving one here and says, "Wait, I lost that line". The reporter looks flustered and says, "That's okay, we can talk you and I".

https://www.independentsentine...ew-i-lost-that-line/

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Why the teleprompter you ask? This is why everything must be scripted for SloJoe the SniffBro.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Joe can't even say the Pledge of Allegiance.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Babylon Bee Satire(or maybe not??):

https://babylonbee.com/news/bi...-his-majestic-outfit
---------------

Biden Forgets To Put On Clothes, Media Praises His Majestic Outfit

KISSIMMEE, FL—Joe Biden was taken out of the cooler in his campaign bus to give a speech at a campaign stop today, but oops! He forgot to put on clothes.

No worries for the Biden campaign, though. The media quickly praised his "regal" and "elegant" outfit, calling it "majestic" and "presidential."

"Look at that perfect business suit he's wearing -- looks like real presidential material to me!" said one CNN reporter before going off to write a puff piece on Kamala Harris' shoes.

"He's quite a dresser -- really knows how to wear that stylish and elegant suit well," whispered an MSNBC reporter. "Well done, Joe. Well done indeed."

But one young boy who wandered into the campaign event, thinking it to be a fun clown show, took one look at Biden and shouted, "Hey, he's not wearing any clothes!"

The other journalists all turned and looked at him, shocked at his gaslighting.

"Get him!" they cried. But, instead of tackling him, they observed social distancing guidelines and simply went after his old tweets.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden Denies the Second Amendment Protects an Individual Right

https://www.thenewamerican.com...-an-individual-right

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden says a lot of strange things, but one thing he told a Town Hall in New Hampshire while he was seeking his party’s nomination to challenge Republican President Donald Trump should concern any American who believes in individual rights, especially the right to keep and bear arms, specifically protected by the Second Amendment.

Biden was asked if he agreed with the Supreme Court decision D.C. v. Heller, which asserted that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects an individual right to bear arms, and not just the right of states to maintain a militia.

“If I were on the Court I wouldn’t have made the same ruling. OK, that’s number one,” Biden answered.

Biden later added, “And I taught for years Constitutional law and separation of powers, I taught the Second Amendment. And the Second Amendment is not absolute. And we can argue, the fundamental argument is well regulated militia and all those things, I won’t get into that. I think that the fundamental argument is the reason that was given as a right because we needed to be able to muster people to deal with an enemy called Great Britain we were fighting in a war.”

It is difficult to determine which is worse from these remarks, Biden’s ignorance of history or his ignorance of the purpose of the Bill of Rights, which was to restrict the power of the federal government.

First of all, this odd statement of Biden’s gives us insight into the type of judge a President Biden would place on the Supreme Court, or any other court in the federal judiciary, when he said, “If I were on the Court, I wouldn’t have made the same ruling.” In other words, Joe Biden would nominate judges who do not believe the Second Amendment protects the right of an individual to keep and bear arms, as the Supreme Court ruled in the Heller case.

For Biden, the purpose of the Second Amendment was a “well regulated militia and all those things, I won’t get into that.” This sounds much like his odd remarks made more recently, in March of this year, in which he said, as he attempted to recite the Declaration of Independence ahead of Super Tuesday, “We hold these truths to be self-evident,” the former vice president said during a campaign event in Texas. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

The thing?

Of course, the actual wording of the Declaration of Independence is, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Which highlights another problem with what Biden said about the Second Amendment during that New Hampshire campaign event — that the right found in the Second Amendment was “given as a right.” The Bill of Rights did not give any rights, but simply protected rights that Americans already had — they were given their rights by the Creator, not by government. If government gives rights, they have the right to take them away, which means the rights exist only at the benevolence of government and government officials — such as Joe Biden.

Perhaps the most bizarre part of Biden’s assertion that the Second Amendment is not an individual right was his comment, “I think that the fundamental argument is the reason that was given as a right because we needed to be able to muster people to deal with an enemy called Great Britain we were fighting in a war.” (Emphasis added.)

Of course, the Bill of Rights, including the Second Amendment, were all added to the Constitution in 1791, which was eight years after the Treaty of Paris ended that war in 1783. If Biden cannot even get that basic part of American history correct, it is likely he either does not know — or has forgotten — that the militia in colonial America referred to citizen soldiers, like farmers, butchers, bakers, and candlestick makers. The militia was every able-bodied man able to bear arms, and generally the arms they bore at home were the arms they brought with them to the battles of the Revolutionary War.

Another piece of history that Biden should be taught, or re-taught, was why the first battles of the war for independence were even fought at Lexington and Concord. The British were moving out of Boston (where they had seized privately owned firearms, much like today’s leftists would like to do) to seize patriot guns at Concord when they were met first by patriots bearing arms on the Village Green in Lexington, and later in the day at Old North Bridge in Concord.

In short, the shots heard 'round the world were fired with unregistered guns.

Another amendment to the Constitution, the 25th, provides for a process to remove a president from office who may no longer be able to function as president. In Biden’s case, it is widely thought that the 77-year-old former vice president is suffering from cognitive decline, if not outright dementia. Were he to be elected president, and need to step down, that would mean his running-mate, Senator Kamala Harris, would succeed him as president of the United States.

And Senator Harris, while district attorney in San Francisco, signed onto a “friend of the court” brief in the Heller court case, arguing that the Second Amendment does not protect the right of an individual to keep and bear arms.

If Americans treasure the Second Amendment, or for that matter, any other part of the Constitution of the United States, they do not want either of these two candidates who disrespect the right to keep and bear arms in position to threaten those rights.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Burisma Investigation is about to get interesting.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...minal-actions-video/

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^
BREAKING: Burisma Investigation to be Released within 24 Hours — FINDS BIDEN FAMILY GUILTY LIKELY CRIMINAL ACTIONS

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post