SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Curious to me, Pelosi and such upper crust liberals always have hired guns to protect themselves.

It isn't curious at all to me. Libs don't hate guns, per se, they hate CITIZENS outside their control owning guns. They don't hate police; they want their own police to protect them, but not us.

charlie rangle, years ago, was talking about gun control, and why citizens should not be able to possess guns. Somebody pointed out to him that they still have a Capitol Police force that is very heavily armed. From the Daily Caller, rangel stated:
quote:
“Law-abiding citizens just shouldn’t have to carry a gun. You’re not gonna push me in that direction,” he said, standing just five feet from a Capitol Police officer, who stood at his post by the House Speaker’s Lobby.

TheDC noted to Rangel he and other members of Congress are protected by armed members of the U.S. Capitol Police.

“Well that’s a little different. I think we deserve–I think we need to be protected down here.” Rangel laughingly insisted.

https://dailycaller.com/2016/0...ce-protection-audio/

He basically said that he, as a congressman, DESERVED gun protection, but We, The People, do not. This is the very privileged entitled 'let them eat cake' attitude that I despise. He isn't against guns. He thinks he deserves people with guns to protect his entitled butt, but he thinks I should not have that same right. Just like the governor lately who said she had a right to protect her home and property from rioters, but doesn't extend that same privilege to us. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^As discussed many, many times, this is the way it has been for a loooooong time.

If step 1. of 'gun control' was all security details of the privileged/elite turning in their firearms, standard capacity mags, etc., you'd never hear about it again.

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
OH NOES!!! Eek

Poor Don Lemon is panicking over Joe Biden's polling because, GODDAMIT, this rioting and looting is HELPING TRUMP and we can't have that!

"It's Showing Up In The Polling": CNN's Lemon Says Biden Needs To Stop Ignoring Riots Because They're Helping Trump

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Donny wants Biden to blame Trump for the riots, what do they want him to do? Send in troops? Those offers have been turned down over and over

I listen when I can to Erick Erickson, I don't always agree with him but he is a smart fella. He has been pointing out that crime is high on the list of concerns in polling, where it hasn't been in the top ten concerns for a long time. The dems are applauding the lawlessness, not going to go well for them at the voting booth

https://theresurgent.com/2020/...g-crime-and-the-rnc/

Pay attention to the latest Pew poll. It provides an interesting path forward for Donald Trump and the GOP.

The economy, healthcare, and the Supreme Court are three big drivers in the election, but they always are. Go beyond those and look at the next two of the top five. Suddenly, entering the top five for the first time this cycle, “violent crime” is on the rise. It is only a few points behind the coronavirus.

Notice how the Democrats’ shifted their talking in the past few weeks from denying there was any violence in the protests to condemning the violence. Now we know why. But the Democrats were not responsive to that issue at their convention. They neither denounced the violence nor addressed it at all

It provides an opening for the GOP.

Interestingly, gun control is another issue where the GOP has a potential in with voters. As more and more non-gun owners become gun owners, the GOP now has an advantage in the polling on the issue of gun control. As I have said before, what is another name for a gun owner? Republican.

The GOP also has an advantage on the economy, with more Americans preferring the GOP approach to the Democrat approach.

Now, let’s expand this a bit.

Donald Trump continues to be an anchor for the GOP with a lot of voters having a more positive view of the party than the President. CBS News finds that independent voters gave President Trump a five-point bounce out of the Democrat convention, but independent voters are Republicans too embarrassed to admit it. That suggests the President is consolidating the right ahead of the election, but still has work to do.

However, by making this week’s RNC all about the Trump family, that provides the GOP some ability to distance from the President. The RNC has highlighted that 50% of prime time speakers will be women. But also, 50% will have the last name Trump. This will not be a Republican National Convention so much as it will be a Trump National Convention and every speech will be about what Donald Trump has done and will do, not what the GOP has done or will do.

Ironically, this helps the GOP. As the President rises and falls, insulating the GOP from him helps in suburbia. In Georgia where I am, in Texas, and in several other key GOP states, the GOP brand has better favorability than the President’s own brand. Whether strategic or accident, having a convention that is all about Trump provides some brand separation that can help innoculate Republican candidates from any voter disdain for the President.

It will be interesting to see this convention unfold this week. The GOP is signaling it’ll have a live audience for speeches and a more traditional feel than the Democrats’ Zoom call. The President has taken an active roll in planning the convention. We’re about to see what Donald Trump does best — stage productions.

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Oh it won't be long before Sleepy Joe tries to leverage the pain suffering of others and channel the chaos swirling around places like Kenosha to help his campaign, he just has to wait for his handlers to script how to do it for him.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
OH NOES!!! Eek

Poor Don Lemon is panicking over Joe Biden's polling because, GODDAMIT, this rioting and looting is HELPING TRUMP and we can't have that!

"It's Showing Up In The Polling": CNN's Lemon Says Biden Needs To Stop Ignoring Riots Because They're Helping Trump

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's not hard to find images of those four with their mouths open...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:

If he was wearing a mask AND a helmet, how do you know it was Joe? Smile

The training wheels were a giveaway.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:

The training wheels were a giveaway.

Oh, so he borrowed Barry's bike ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A comparison of DNC and RNC fireworks

video at

https://twitter.com/BillyNRA/s.../1299196993894572033

from Billy McLaughlin

xxxxxxxxxxx

reply tweet to Billy:

David Shafer -

"In fairness, Billy, the Democrats had depleted their fireworks stockpile setting fire to police stations."

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden clearly reading from a prompter

https://twitter.com/JusticeTri.../1299059399219011585

video at link

posted Hide Post
^^^
That is encouraging that he can read instructions from those in charge.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Biden actually said Trump is rooting for violence. Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Ignore any network news, including fox. The President doesn't even like what fox has become.

Watch One America News Network (OAN) for news. Owned by the Herring family with no affiliation to main stream liberal media.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:

If the bike was unstable and continually heading left, definitely Biden. Wink

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a reminder of how we got here

https://www.foxnews.com/opinio...gain-tom-del-beccaro

Let’s recall that heading into the Democrat primary season of 2019, former Vice President Biden was the presumed nominee

Joe Biden did poorly in the Democrat debates and on the campaign trail and soon Sen. Elizabeth Warren was leading in the polls

She fell and then Democrats looked to former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg

He faltered and then Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., looked like he would take the nomination in February of 2020.

The Democrats then did something unprecedented. They panicked and brokered the nomination in broad daylight , by convincing candidates to drop out of the race, to stop Bernie Sanders from becoming the nominee. Then they resuscitated Biden’s dying candidacy and made him the party nominee.

If we fast forward to today, the Democrats are panicking again, and their panic started right after the end of the Democrat Convention.

The day after, the leaders of the Democrats’ far left base declared the convention did not go far enough to the left. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., said “that the target audience for the Democratic National Convention this week was `white moderates’ and that the Democratic Party could have done more to cater to the party’s base.” She also panned potential moderation in spending by Biden advisers.

Sanders agreed with her by stating “They should have had more progressives speaking.”

Then Hillary Clinton chimed in.

During the middle of the Republican Convention, Clinton admonished Biden to “not concede under any circumstances.”

Then it was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s turn to panic.

Pelosi, D-Calif., declared, “out of the blue,” that “I don’t think that there should be any debates,” in a clear attempt to protect Biden from losing to President Trump.

Their convention failed to deliver. Indeed, it looks like their convention scared away Independents. In a poll taken by CBS/YouGov, after the Democrat Convention, President Trump raced to a 10% lead among Independents.

no modern campaign has seen a candidate campaign less or be less accessible than Biden or his campaign.

The plain truth is: Biden has never been a good presidential candidate. He is even worse now. The Democrats revived him once, and their panic now indicates they are trying to find a way to do it again.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
no modern campaign has seen a candidate campaign less or be less accessible than Biden or his campaign.

Biden has nothing to mount a positive campaign about or mental agility to campaign with.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, in the olden days (like the '70s or '80s), one of the foremost truisms in American electoral politics was that you cannot possibly win without a positive campaign - it was vitally necessary to actually offer something new and better rather than merely promise to do away with whatever your speechwriters were willing to define as a social evil. Even where the means were negative (cutting taxes, cutting spending) the promise was to deliver something good (more money in the monthly household budget).

I think the Donkeys don't have any positive ideas this season that don't get phrased as vaguely and generally as possible. "We need to seek social justice for the working class" doesn't tell the working class how, specifically, the Dems are going to make their lives better in concrete terms. Then again, all of their promises this election cycle are almost purely theoretical anyway and it's hard to translate pure theory into specifics that make sense in the context of everyday life.

quote:
the Democratic Party could have done more to cater to the party’s base.” She also panned potential moderation in spending by Biden advisers.

Ah, winning the battle by defining the terms. Is AOC's faction in the Democratic Party actually the "base" of the party? Or are the lefties now demanding that, as a concession, they be defined as the "base" of the party by fiat? 'Cause, see, there's these whole crowds of other people in the Democratic Party, right? Like, you know, working class whites, African Americans who are relatively conservative in some aspects of social policy and seniors of all descriptions.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . .Pelosi, D-Calif., declared, “out of the blue,” that “I don’t think that there should be any debates,” in a clear attempt to protect Biden from losing to President Trump. . .

I read that Pelosi said no debates as such would give Trump "legitimacy", also no debates because "people wouldn't listen to Trump".

To me it's clear the Dems know a straight up debate would guarantee a loss for Biden. The Dem's only hope is some combination of vote fraud and brainwashing.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WILMINGTON, DE—Joe Biden conceded today that the Republican Convention was "alright," "pretty inspiring, to be honest," and "a real gas."

But Biden says the Democratic Convention is going to be "even better."

CREDIT to the Babylon Bee.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post