SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bear Creek Arsenal has complete uppers for a ridiculously low price
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear Creek Arsenal has complete uppers for a ridiculously low price Login/Join 
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted
I hope this link works.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.c...-upper-assembly.html

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5291 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ll admit I’ve never owned one. I did almost buy an upper at a show once. Most reviews are mixed or less favorable. Yes, likely to go bang just about every time.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
$206 for a complete .350 Legend. May be worth it to swap out to someone else’s barrel if it sucks.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25336 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few reviews and they were positive. I have no earthly need for a 458 SOCOM, but for $250...

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They're cheap, but you don't see them everywhere - spend more on something that will make you happier.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I have a BCA barrel on one of my guns. No issues and would buy another gladly.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. No way I'm waiting a year for a CMMG 22 upper. I have a couple of BCA barrels and they have been great!

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Free shipping to boot on the one in my cart.

ETA: Mine shipped FedEx Ground today. Looking at <$300 to build a pistol with pre-panic purchased parts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3430 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I started piecing together leftover parts to build my nephew a 6.5 Grendel since I have am orphan barrel. Still, the price of the parts I was missing gave me pause. I started to think it might be better to just buy a cheap complete upper and swap in my barrel.

Looking at these, I'm thinking it might be better just to buy a complete 300Black upper (then maybe he can buy ammo vs me loading him 6.5G).

Hmmm... don't know. If I do that, I'll still have all the orphan parts, and at some point this will start all over again. Big Grin

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a BCA 6.5 Grendel upper and would buy another

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Well you people are craptastic!
.350 legend on the way.

————————————————

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Man, I wish they had some 6mm ARC!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6020 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several uppers from Bear Creek (556, 350, 450,two of each in different lengths .
They all work flawlessly and are accurate to moa. Except the latest 308 upper.
The bolt did not fit correctly and would not function properly. Looks like their quality control is out the window.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 251 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buddy told me he was looking to build another AR. Mentioned the sale to him and he bought a 7.62x39 upper with a quickness.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looks like prices went back up.

————————————————

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 bear creek barrels...a 6.5 Grendel and a .223 on a cheap, bargain basement rifle that I built for my son. The Grendel barrel would never group under 2.5-3" at 100, and was usually worse. I gave that one away and bough a Faxon, stuck it in the same gun, and was able to consistently produce 1.5" groups, sometimes better.

The last time we took the .223 out, it was more of a "pattern" at 50 yards than a group. Shot the same ammo through my other rifle and it grouped just fine. Both 16" 1/7 twist barrels shooting 55gr. We're looking at replacing that upper now as well.

A buddy has a complete BCA upper on a 6.5 Grendel build, and he had issues with the bolt not going into battery on an empty chamber. IIRC he had to replace some parts to get it working.

My recommendation is spend a little more and buy something that's not junk.

Posts: 8390 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
My recommendation is spend a little more and buy something that's not junk.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
- Ben Franklin

Posts: 7845 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Well you people are craptastic!
.350 legend on the way.

curious to hear your assessment after you have a chance to give the new upper a decent work-out

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I did order one. Shipping is saying it will be here tomorrow. A .300B

Having seen enough low end AR parts over the years, I'm not expecting much. But I don't need much.

I will be giving it to my nephew to use as a bad weather hunting rifle (instead of the very nice walnut and blued steel bolt action I just gave him lol). It will need to be minute of deer out to 75-100 yards with iron sights. If it won't do that or function safely and semi reliably, I'll throw one of my spare barrels in it. It's something that will probably see 20-30 rounds a year tops.

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about picking up one of their 12.7 x 42 side charging uppers to play around with. I just haven't yet.

Posts: 461 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post