SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bear Creek Arsenal has complete uppers for a ridiculously low price
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear Creek Arsenal has complete uppers for a ridiculously low price Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
They are a solid local NC company. I visited their factory on business, its amazing how much they churn out.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Well you people are craptastic!
.350 legend on the way.

curious to hear your assessment after you have a chance to give the new upper a decent work-out

-------------------------------

Will do. I am just looking for a fun blaster. I have a stamped lower that I initially used a mag block for colt 9mm mags. I decided to swap to a dedicated lower for that awhile back and just never picked up another upper for it.
Wanted something with a bit more ommpffff than the old .223/5.56.
Almost did a .458 Socom or .50 Beauwolf but ammo is just silly expensive.
.350 legend is still pretty cheap for plinking ammo.
Picked up three boxes of ammo from Wally World the other night for $15 a box.
Waiting on my mags and upper to arrive.
I have an old Primary Arms Red dot I’ll drop on it.
Again, just a blaster. 12” plates at 100 yards and I’ll be happy.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I signed up for notification when they get a 20” 5.56 barrel back in stock.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The one I ordered got delayed in shipping, but showed up today. I was going to buy this for my nephew, and order something for myself. But I changed my mind, figured I'd play it safe. Now that it's here I'm sorry I didn't get the other one. It's much better looking than I expected. Though I wasn't hoping for much.

I should say it's a lot better than another cheap upper I'd bought for the heck of it 10-15 years ago. (from Model 1 sales) The charging handle feels solid, that's one thing I recall about the M!S one was how easily the charging handle twisted and flexed in my hands and how crapy the plastic forend was.

The metal 15" rail/forend is much better than I expected. I expected that to be super flimsy. There is one spot on the top rail where either the machining wasn't great or it got dinged up before coating, but it's not terribly obvious. One forward corner is silver, either the coating didn't take or it wore off somewhere along the line in handling or shipping. A minor imperfection.

The flash hider has some shiny spots on it's muzzle, little dings probably from bouncing around in a parts bin. To really nit pick, you can see where a wrench was used to tighten the flash hider. The dust cover is the only thing that "looks" obviously cheap to me. Thin and easily bent, really mottled and uneven in color.

Bolt LOOKS decent. How well it's made, who can say. Probably not staked enough for people who lose sleep over such things, not something I worry about even slightly.

Rifling... it has it. Big Grin

If it functions and shoots at least average it will work great for my intended purpose.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today as well and at least aesthetically it looks very good.
I forgot I needed a buffer and spring for my lower as it was transplanted to another gun.
So need to grab those next week.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I almost bought one of the side charging handle ones, but ended up going with a Diamond Back Upper for $230 shipped instead during one of the sales. AR's are getting crazy cheap.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My side charging 350 and 450 uppers arrived today. I am wondering what lowers to mate them with.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Well you people are craptastic!
.350 legend on the way.

curious to hear your assessment after you have a chance to give the new upper a decent work-out

-------------------------------

Will do. I am just looking for a fun blaster. I have a stamped lower that I initially used a mag block for colt 9mm mags. I decided to swap to a dedicated lower for that awhile back and just never picked up another upper for it.
Wanted something with a bit more ommpffff than the old .223/5.56.
Almost did a .458 Socom or .50 Beauwolf but ammo is just silly expensive.
.350 legend is still pretty cheap for plinking ammo.
Picked up three boxes of ammo from Wally World the other night for $15 a box.
Waiting on my mags and upper to arrive.
I have an old Primary Arms Red dot I’ll drop on it.
Again, just a blaster. 12” plates at 100 yards and I’ll be happy.

Looking forward to your review. My brother in law has a bolt rifle in 350, haven't had it to the range yet.
From what I've seen locally, ammo is comparable to 223/556 in costs.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15306 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m not in the market, but I’m glad to see stuff like this. A really low bar to entry for people to get an AR, any AR is a good thing. When I turned 18 and could buy a rifle or shotgun, there was no such thing as a “budget friendly” AR. Olympic and Bushmaster was about as close as it got, and those weren’t cheap.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Looking at <$300 to build a pistol with pre-panic purchased parts.

I went over the $300 by about $15 when I added the handstop and locking hammer and trigger pins.

ETA: Mag foul corrected Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post