SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I have this desk lamp.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I have this desk lamp. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
besides the power cord it has two 110v plug in's with a sticker that say's 120v 4.5 Amp max
and two usb ports. One marked in and one out.

The 120 volt plugs both work.
But the usb ports do not seem to do anything. What is the in and out and what should they do. I tried to plug in a cell phone charger to either ports and no workie. ???

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make ? Model?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the in port powers the out port? Plug wall charger into in and phone into out. It would be a really cheapo way to do it...

Posts: 5165 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
it is a chinese deal model 648101 it just has a factory id. id-ph (ikk)

I do not understand DsBigBR??? What would be the purpose of that???

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The hotels have them for charging devices, yours, however, doesn't seem to be the same. Check into a Hilton swap yours with thiers, the housekeeper wouldn't know the difference unless it's written in Spanish! Big Grin

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8378 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many times you have to have the switch on so the usb and outlets work. Great design. And yes stayed it many Hiltons.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Maybe just a simple cable-to-cable coupler. Could just be a way to fool the casual buyer into thinking he's getting a built-in USB charger, when it only makes the lamp a big connector.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16377 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
two usb ports. One marked in and one out

It's a pass-thorough, is my bet.

Try this - connect the 'in' port to a live USB port on your computer. If this is a pass-through, once you do that the 'out' port will have USB power and connect to that computer.

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post