SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't Forget The Eclipse Tonight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't Forget The Eclipse Tonight Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
Starting in about 15 minutes. 8:40 CST

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just went out (we're in San Diego) to check out the moon and just happened to also see the space station traveling overhead.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yup, Penumbral eclipse just started, about 55 until the actual eclipse begins. Clear and cold, beautiful weather for it here!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I just started watching. Nice and clear and 4 degrees.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
It's been marked on my calendar.

I'm excited to have a clear sky this time!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I don't get to see anything but clouds.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
I don't get to see anything but clouds.

Yep I'm, clouded out. Doubt there will be any break in clouds either.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Thank God I'm not working tonight.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks; I missed it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just starting, clear skies. Was just out playing in the snow with the fur baby. Will be going out off and on to check progress. It's 10° F here now, so I don't want to be outside very long, though the pup loves it.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Ongoing here. With the snow cover, it’s one of those rare nights you could easily drive without headlights, it’s so bright. Cold and windy as can be though.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
perfect night in Utah. cool and clear!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
We have a good clear cool night here.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I'm trying, for once we have clear skies. this wind, though... vicious. Wind chill is -4F

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've got a good view of it.
Dang! It's cold out here! Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've been going out & checking every 10 minutes or so. It's 8 degrees here with winds gusting to 35mph, so I don't stay out very long. It's starting to turn red around the edges of the eclipse now.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
perfect night in Utah. cool and clear!

Yep, and I'm glad it waited til the moon was over the mountains from my perspective! perfect view!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's as cold as a brass bra here. I went out briefly and the dog looked at me like I had lost my little remaining cognitive function.

I might have stayed out for a solar eclipse, but ya don't have them at night, do you? Duhhhh...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Having seen the whole moon and watch the changes over the last 1/2 hr it's interesting, but not spectacular yet.

About 75% covered now, but only a hint of red. I'll look one more time in about 20 min.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I think it worked!

Not enough people were watching lunar eclipses, so they decided to give this one a really cool name, The Wolf Blood Red Lunar Eclipse and Life Changing Event! Works for me, I’m watching.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post