SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't Forget The Eclipse Tonight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't Forget The Eclipse Tonight Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Been pretty neat stepping out periodically every few minutes and checking progress. Starting to get some orange now.

Cold by Houston standards (39), but I still have some Alaska blood in me so I'm going out in short sleeves.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checked again, just turning red. Crystal Clear Skies, cold as hell. Can't stay out too long....but it's beautiful.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Very nice. We are blessed to see it here because in a few hours we are getting snow.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Good red color in FLA, cold here too by FLA standards-49 degrees. Not total yet.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Very nice. We are blessed to see it here because in a few hours we are getting snow.

Yeah, it's amazing how clear the sky is right now...and in a few hours we'll be getting blasted again with another winter storm.

I'll check it in another 15 mins then I need some shut eye. Got to get to the slopes early tomorrow. Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally clear here, too, and a good view from our back yard. Unfortunately, our neighbors are all trying to sleep, so we had to keep quiet. That, plus a temp of 3 degrees and both of us recovering from colds, we didn't last long. Hopefully, some of the pics my girlfriend took turned out.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Just came back in. 16 degrees here, so wasn't going to watch the whole thing. Haven't seen one of these before.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Currently snowing pretty well in Central Montana. No eclipse viewing tonight. Frown

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Below zero here but stayed clear until the full eclipse. Potato pic.

Posts: 516 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a few glimpses here in NW Washington. Heavy clouds with just a few holes.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
matai, did you take that image above?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I checked before it started and we have clear skies here. I also watched some of the web live-streams of it. It's interesting, but not something I want to spend a lot of time doing.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
matai, did you take that image above?

Yeah, in the backyard.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Beautiful and cold here, great eclipse viewing - we used an older Newtonian reflector, a couple of 8x binos, and the naked eye.

Neat seeing a total lunar eclipse after seeing the total solar 2 years ago.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I saw this post and went out just in time to see about a 90% eclipse. Very cool.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
A few of the >80 pics I took tonight:

The setup:

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures guys. Still all cloudy here so missed it. Not cold though haha.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clear night in Belgium. I saw it, froze my butt off, but the pictures are indecipherable.

The last time I watched one was living in Saudi Arabia.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Clear night in Belgium. I saw it, froze my butt off, but the pictures are indecipherable.

The last time I watched one was living in Saudi Arabia, over a decade ago.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post