SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Really Pleased with My New Armour Belt
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Really Pleased with My New Armour Belt Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
A few months back, I purchased my first pair of cowboy boots - Lucchese full quill ostrich. The ostrich is barnwood color, and the heel is chocolate brown.

I decided I wanted a belt to match so I contacted Mike at Armour Belts about their inlaid exotic belts. We exchanged a couple e-mails, he sent me some color samples, and today I received a package from Armour Belts. I'm extremely pleased and here are a couple pics:
image hosting over 5mb

pic upload

Truly outstanding craftsmanship and customer service.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Matchy matchy always looks great! Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Oh I like that!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I honestly misread your title. I thought it said pissed instead of pleased.

Nice matching belt and shoes though! I like the inset style on the belt. It really shows it off and is better than if the whole length of the belt was covered by it.

enjoy!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19685 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
This is really out of character for me.

I've been purchasing more or less the same shoes off the Internet for 15 years. My belts had always been inexpensive, and my favorite belt lasted less than 10 times concealed carrying. I wore a Wildnerness Tactical belt for several years, and about 6.5 years ago replaced it with a very plain jane leather gun belt.

A year ago, I purchased one of Armour's embossed belts for casual wear, and a 1.25" gun belt for the office. I've been really impressed with these, and after purchasing the boots began wondering about a full quill ostrich gun belt. Armour's inlaid exotic belt really jumped out at me.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
You've done it now !!!

I am looking at some boots that happen to be on sale now. MMM

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Todd! I am very pleased the colors turned out so close. looks perfect!

Posts: 171 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That's a handsome combination.

Posts: 10974 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have two of his belts. Very good product and service v

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful belt. A true artiest.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
That's one gorgeous belt. I dig the boots too.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My everyday belt is a beautiful one made by Mike.
His craftsmanship is only surpassed by his customer service.

We are very fortunate to have craftsmen like him on this forum.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Superb!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Oh my, great looking belt. Like you I've always wanted a nice pair of exotic boots and a belt to match. My challenge has been to find a pair of boots nice enough to be seen with Mike's belt. Wink

Seriously though, Mike does some fantastic work as seen as in your pictures. Wear it with pride.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Love the colors!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Wow. Jealous here. Boots look awesome, and a belt to match!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Armor Belts are awesome. Met a forum member last week, he saw my belt and said, "Armor Belt?" Big Grin

If my wardrobe were more diverse, I would absolutely have more of his belts. Cargo shorts and t-shirts don't lend much to the imagination when it comes to belt needs. Big Grin

Posts: 13132 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very smart looking, ( I want petite feet) Confused

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54666 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Wow, that turned out great.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nice.

You got to Coo-oordinate Cool

Posts: 5338 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post