SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of my parrots just crossed the rainbow bridge tonight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of my parrots just crossed the rainbow bridge tonight Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
My wife and I have no children; our parrots are our children. I recently moved in with my mom to take care of her because she undergoing cancer treatment and she needs a ton of assistance. My wife is staying at our house taking care of the birds and we see each other on the weekends. Tonight my wife called me in tears saying our Sun Conure “Rosey” was dead from a tragic accident. Something spooked her and she took off flying, hit the wall, and broke her neck. Rosey would have been six years old in less than a month. Our birds do not have clipped wings and can fly freely in the house. This was a terrible freak accident and now we do not have one of our babies with us anymore. I went home and built a coffin for her and will bury her first thing in the morning. Sadly you just never know when you will lose something or someone you love. Give everyone you love an extra hug and a kiss.

Rest In Peace Rosey. I love you and will see you again one day.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8758 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear Frown . She is beautiful. Our animals are family.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19776 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Yes, pets always transcend the moniker of pets and arrive to the world of Family.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Birds are so unique with their personalities and their intelligence.

I am very sorry to read this.

Yes, quite a beautiful bird.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss.
We have a Blue and Gold Macaw, Ziggy. He turned 20 in July, had him since he was 7weeks old.
They truly are a member of the family.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Rosie was gorgeous. So sorry she left you so young.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss Frown

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you both.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10994 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss.

My wife has a Lutino Cockatiel "Gizmo." He's going on 27yrs old now which is quite a life for a Lutino. His wings haven't been clipped in 20+ years. His vision is poor and therefore we're quite careful of him being out and about.

My mother in law rescued a crow chick when hurricane Hugo made landfall in NC in 1989 "Charlie." Now Charlie was brilliant and learned quite the repertoire of tricks and vocabulary. My wife's had Charlie and Gizmo for the better part of her life. Not sure when the day will come that Gizmo crosses the bridge. I'm sure, it will be difficult.

Here's to brighter days.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. May Rosey enjoy a never ending supply of nuts, seeds, and fruit on the other side of the rainbow bridge while she waits for you.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry to hear this. I lost my conure this year as well, and it has left a hole in my life.
My heart goes out to you and your wife.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5507 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our sincere condolences...

We lost our African Green this year. Loretta had been in our family for at least 70 years through three generations. Amazing how we humans get attached to our pets!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2159 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
She was a beautiful bird and such a tragic loss. Prayers for all

Posts: 3824 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for you and your family’s loss. Pets do become family.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful bird. I know little about parrots but I believe they are very smart birds ( I took care of an African Gray for a while).
How are the other birds taking the loss?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry. Condolences.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. She's absolutely beautiful. I'll say a prayer for you and your family (including your other birds)....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4583 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. As I've experienced myself, the suddenness makes it so much worse. I'm praying for your peace & comfort at this time.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
She was a beautiful bird. I’m really sorry for your loss.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4366 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post