SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More Hints from Heloise...learned a new gardening trick today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Hints from Heloise...learned a new gardening trick today Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
For the home gardeners. Ever have a big old batch of fresh pulled carrots to process and not nearly enough time to scrub each one clean? Well...fret no more.

Just toss them into the Speed Queen and be done with it!

Washes 'em up right good. Ready for slicing and tossing into the freeze dryer.

This gardening shit is easy! Big Grin

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
What kind of a freeze dryer do you have ?

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Harvest Right medium.

Love it. Just kind of wish I'd have waited as they are now $1000 less than what I paid. Frown

I'm looking at picking up the oil-less vacuum pump as changing out the oil is the only (minor) drawback.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I'm looking at picking up the oil-less vacuum pump as changing out the oil is the only (minor) drawback.

I do not think that is $1,000 less yet.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I do not think that is $1,000 less yet.

Unfortunately no, but even at that price it's almost worth it to alleviate the issue.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Agreed. With the new pricing, the oil-less upgrade would only be about $600 or so as compared to 12-18 months ago.

I've passed their office many times in the past year. I've thought about stopping, but I haven't because I know we will end up with two machines. Smile

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post