SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hot Water Heater Install
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot Water Heater Install Login/Join 
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess if done wrong could be disastrous.

I think you answered your own question

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
Is this something I can do myself or should I hire a plumber? It doesn't seem that difficult but I guess if done wrong could be disastrous. If I do hire someone, what could I reasonable expect to pay?

Electric? Easy peasy, all you need is a pipe cutter and then a pair of flexible shark bite connection hoses.

Gas, that's another story, you have to turn off and reconnect the gas. It's doable, and not difficult, but raises the risk since... Gas.

https://www.sharkbite.com/reso...ter-heater-sharkbite

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23594 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ToddGator
posted Hide Post
If all of the connections are the threaded type its pretty simple. With the exception of needing help lifting the new one into place, I was able to replace mine by myself a few years ago. If there's any soldering or pipe cutting involved it might be better to call in the pros.

Take the time to inspect and clean /replace the hose going into the house , they tend to get clogged with mineral deposits over time. Also be sure to open up all the faucets (hot water side) in the house before refilling the tank and leave them ope until water is flowing 4o purge all the air from the pipes.

Posts: 1011 | Location: Shreveport, LA | Registered: February 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post