SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Large-Scale Riots Continue In France For 4th Night
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Large-Scale Riots Continue In France For 4th Night Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
The death of Aboubakar Fofana was not a shooting accident but intended as the police of Nates confirmed after investigations. The police officer plain and simply lied because he probably committed a hate crime.

"Probably?" Hope, if this goes to trial, they find less-biased individuals for the jury.

quote:
What the black population (and meanwhile the white population as well) does is nothing but taking action against at oppression and tyranny because the police supported the first version of the police officers story it being an accident.

Yes, because burning down your own neighbourhood makes so much sense when you're angry with the government. Oh, and shooting at fire fighters and medical rescue personnel.

quote:
I dont know if Europe is a dangerous place. We maybe have a different understanding about what "public safety" means or approach daily live differently.

I don't know, either. What I do know is things like my wife (Dutch) is no longer interested in moving back to what used to be home, now that I'm retired, and this kind of thing going on there is part of the reason why. I know that the sister of the Romanian girl that wheeled my wife out of the hospital wants to leave Germany because she no longer feels safe there. I know I've seen Europeans relate that both their governments and what passes for the press there actively suppress news stories that relate to the level and frequency of crimes committed by immigrants of certain ethnicities.

And I suspect that if this keeps up, Europe will either eventually see a resurgence of fascism that will make what the Nazis did look like a walk in the park, or will fall into the kind of ruin from which its immigrant population claims it went there to escape.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
and it's all due to the kind, gentle, open-minded, hard-working Muslim immigrants.

Hell, even if they were a little rowdy, a million "refugees" to a European country like Germany, is a piece of cake, a walk in the park, man. No Problemo!

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I think what we need here is a plan, some way to convince the average humble "migrant" that there's a better place to go.

I submit that we have a couple hunnert glossy brochures made up inviting the world's migrant/immigrant/undocumented immigrant population to choose a country that is warm, has plenty of fertile soil, a place where they will quickly become the majority and be able to make their own rules up as to what is tolerant and good for all. I suggest that the Republic of Congo is an excellent option....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I think what we need here is a plan, some way to convince the average humble "migrant" that there's a better place to go.

I submit that we have a couple hunnert glossy brochures made up inviting the world's migrant/immigrant/undocumented immigrant population to choose a country that is warm, has plenty of fertile soil, a place where they will quickly become the majority and be able to make their own rules up as to what is tolerant and good for all. I suggest that the Republic of Congo is an excellent option....

"Look, man, if the place ain't got no stinkin' infidels for us to harass, rape and kill, fahgetabout it!"

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I suspect that if this keeps up, Europe will either eventually see a resurgence of fascism that will make what the Nazis did look like a walk in the park, or will fall into the kind of ruin from which its immigrant population claims it went there to escape.

Nationalism is touted as more or less a crime by the EU these days. At any rate, it’s far too late. The genie has been out of the bottle too long...Europe is lost. Their own leaders are complicit in the invasion, and the damage is irreversible at this point.

Any reversal would have to be undertaken by the people without the expressed support of their respective governments. With few exceptions, I don’t believe as a whole they have the stomach for it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nah, it's paradise.

Posts: 107610 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Really, everything on the original topic that could be said from a European perspective has already been stated from the American side with this:

quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Forget the LA or Ferguson riots?

Though I have a comment on this:

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic
I know that the sister of the Romanian girl that wheeled my wife out of the hospital wants to leave Germany because she no longer feels safe there.

You are probably unaware of how funny this is, since Romanians are notorious for their high criminality here, to the point where there is the popular term of Rumänenbanden - roving gangs making use of the freedom of movement in the EU to travel here and commit serial burglaries, crash vehicles into jeweller shops, blow up ATMs, etc. Relative to their population in Germany, they are overrepresented in crime stats by a factor of 3.5 - higher than Syrians at 2.5 and Turks at 1.9, though not quite as high as Serbs, Afghans and Iranians at about four; not to speak of Albanians and folks from the North African Maghreb countries whose values go through the roof at six-plus.

But then the latter have much smaller communities, while Romanians are the fifth biggest group of foreigners in Germany. However in fairness to them, the free travel in the EU thing means they get saddled with the numbers of all the criminal tourists from the home country. In fact 60 percent of all foreign suspects here are transients, not residents - travelling EU citizens, people on tourist or business visas, members of NATO forces (not that the latter are a particular problem crime-wise), etc.

Posts: 2418 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
So a hate-murder is double plus ungood? If the officer lied about a hate-murder is it hate-lying?

Is there such a thing as hate-rape yet in these countries where hate-assault is out of control?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nah, it's paradise.

I've given up trying to dissuade friends from vacationing in Europe. In fact, I'm now urging them to become forward spotters and to report back on their observations.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic
I know that the sister of the Romanian girl that wheeled my wife out of the hospital wants to leave Germany because she no longer feels safe there.

You are probably unaware of how funny this is, since Romanians are notorious for their high criminality here, ...

I'm aware. I also know that not all Romanians are the same. The nurse's aid, for example. (I mis-wrote when I wrote "nurse," earlier.) One presumes her sister is cut from the same cloth. There was the young lady that worked at the local video rental store during summer break for a couple years. The Romanian guy that worked in the service department where I used to work, and was one of the best people in that department. His Romanian wife was our receptionist for a while, and one of the best we ever had. Her brother works at my ex-employer's, now, too.

So it's just possible that, despite the fact Romanians (many eastern European nationalities, as I'm led to understand) have a bad rep in western European countries, the young lady in question is an upstanding, productive citizen.

And, even if she is a "typically criminal Romanian": Wouldn't the fact that even she is finding the country too unsafe be an even bigger condemnation?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Romanians are notorious for their high criminality here

Wow, this is really problematic.

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

mmm...lets see here.
a "demographic" with exceptionally higher representation in crime statistics...Check

abuse of lax immigration control (freedom of movement...) ....Check

if only a nation and its people could govern around this problem...there has to be a solution. somewhere, out there in the ether

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

About the same when a third of the population on this globe is beeing held responsible for the action of their reglious zealots.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
About the same when a third of the population on this globe is beeing held responsible for the action of their reglious zealots.
Point us to the remarks of "moderate" Muslims, who condemn the actions of these zealots.

Point us to the comments of all thse "moderate" Muslims who do not support the savagery practiced by the psychopaths who infest their faith.

Surely, with Muslims being such a substantial portion of the planet's population- surely there are tens or thousands of "moderate " (kinda hard to type that with a straight face) Muslims who decry the actions of these barbarians. Direct us to these comments, please.

It's the oddest thing- I see only a handful of Muslims doing so, and those Muslims are outcasts in their faith. They are threatened with death- the death of themselves and the deaths of their families, children included.
I wonder why I can't find any more than this less than a dozen or so brave Muslims. Out of...how many?? Billions.

Come on Roll Eyes

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is even a report that a bullet from a rifle damaged a police officer helmet.

Is this how the French report an officer being shot in the head and saved by his ballistic helmet? A bullet from a rifle eh? Acted all on its own?

How about a protester shot a police officer in the head with a rifle, but the officer survived due to his ballistic headgear.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
< snip >
Yes, because burning down your own neighbourhood makes so much sense when you're angry with the government. Oh, and shooting at fire fighters and medical rescue personnel.
< snip >

Its probably government-owned or government-subsidized housing, so I guess you can call it an attack on government.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
As they say"brûlure, bébé, brûlure"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Point us to the remarks of "moderate" Muslims, who condemn the actions of these zealots.

Point us to the comments of all thse "moderate" Muslims who do not support the savagery practiced by the psychopaths who infest their faith.

Surely, with Muslims being such a substantial portion of the planet's population- surely there are tens or thousands of "moderate " (kinda hard to type that with a straight face) Muslims who decry the actions of these barbarians. Direct us to these comments, please.

It's the oddest thing- I see only a handful of Muslims doing so, and those Muslims are outcasts in their faith. They are threatened with death- the death of themselves and the deaths of their families, children included.
I wonder why I can't find any more than this less than a dozen or so brave Muslims. Out of...how many?? Billions.

Come on Roll Eyes

Publications of: Yaşar Nuri Öztürk; Irshad Manji ; Salman Rushdi, Bassam Tibi; Ayaan Hirsi Ali; Irshad Manji, Ibn Warraq

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How many Muslims are there in the world, OTD. You've already alluded to it. How many?

Again- there are a handful- out of billions- of them speaking up, and that is all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many Muslims are there in the world, OTD. You've already alluded to it. How many?

Again- there are a handful- out of billions- of them speaking up, and that is all.

I'm not in to play games. You have the sources.