SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2G/GMT900 Silverado - Interior Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2G/GMT900 Silverado - Interior Question Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Wife's coworker's husband has a 2G Silverado LTZ (07-14) not sure the exact year, early to mid generation.

The following is 3rd hand information:
The interior grab handle/armrest is broken & he was quoted >$500, before labor & was told he "needed a new door"

My assumption, is they're recommending a new interior door panel, not the whole door.

My questions is: Is the grab handle/armrest an individually replaceable part, or is it permanently molded to the rest of the panel?

It's been >10 years since I worked for Chevrolet (when these trucks were new) so I don't fully recall.

I'm assuming on the DIY side, we can get this done for significantly less than $500, if I can find the right door panel (LKQ search has been a bit difficult).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My first thought given the age of the truck is an auto recycler aka junk yard…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've been lurking the LKQ listings, which I can do from the office, but not many GMT900s. Mostly the prior generation.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Check ebay too.

Posts: 3390 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link GM Parts Online

Scroll down, need model like Crew Cab, find your door, left, right, front , back , interior color, trim and select the part.

Posts: 23556 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks, looking like, being an LTZ, it's the whole panel to replace.
Still, >$200 saved DIY compared to dealer price.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Find an online dealer that will discount the parts, so you'll at least save the labor plus 10 to 15% on the parts.

Posts: 23556 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Their site is difficult to navigate (the last time I looked), but Dorman Products makes this type of part. I think, however, that the armrest/grab handle is part of the door panel on these trucks, not replaceable separately.

Posts: 27984 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Their site is difficult to navigate (the last time I looked), but Dorman Products makes this type of part. I think, however, that the armrest/grab handle is part of the door panel on these trucks, not replaceable separately.

Yeah, IIRC, the lower part of the armrest is molded with the rest of the panel, and the actual armrest is separate but probably not orderable separately.
Need to see how it actually looks before making a suggestion to them on what to order.

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
It’s been four years since I’ve been into a GM parts catalog but I’m pretty sure that arm rest pad is only serviced as part of the door trim panel. If it is serviced as a separate part it would be found in catalog Group 16.155 listed as a rest or a pad.

That appears to be one of that eras great ideas in GM, the dreaded “modular assembly”, a short-sighted attempt at reducing parts available as service items. The inner door mechanical workings of the “U” Body SUV was another one.

I keep thinking that there was a TSB dealing with a arm rest pad that at one time was part of the door trim panel but later made available as a service part but not sure which vehicle it referenced.

It might be worth asking at the dealership, just because the EPC ( electronic parts catalog) lists it one way doesn’t mean that is the way it is. Those were supposed to be updated by the vendor with latest current information but that did not always happen.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8125 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post