SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jerry Lewis gun collection to be auctioned
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Lewis gun collection to be auctioned Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like the Rigby.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outside of his Single Action Army models, the Rigby, and Weatherby by far they're mostly home defense/self defense models. He had a CCW. Probably kept a few shotguns, and S&W snubbies at each of his homes/properties. Nothing to raise an army with, I'd say he ultimately knew his physical security was in his own hands.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Yet no mention of the massive watch arsenal, some of them fully automatic! When you control time, you control everything!

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Many were gifts.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Yet no mention of the massive watch arsenal, some of them fully automatic! When you control time, you control everything!
Big Grin

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
When I read the article I did not see it as anti gun just more hype than anything else.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard of Spielberg's gun collection. He supposedly has several bespoke shotguns that exceed $100k each. I suppose that double barrel shotguns are acceptable among the Hollywood elite.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
The Weatherby .22 rifle is the only thing that I would want.

Posts: 5763 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Jerry sure was a fan of the Smith 60.

The Gen 2 17 with the rear overhang target sights would make me guess it's a pretty early one. A Glock collector who's also a Jerry Lewis fan might like showing that off.

I was handed down the exact same Ruger Super Blackhawk from my old man. Mine has the same barrel length and aftermarket walnut grips that are pretty much exactly like the grips on Jerry's. Every time I pick up that cannon, all I can think is "what a stupid gun." Now that I know Jerry Lewis had one just like it, it makes a little more sense... somehow.

quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I've heard of Spielberg's gun collection. He supposedly has several bespoke shotguns that exceed $100k each. I suppose that double barrel shotguns are acceptable among the Hollywood elite.

The Dude abides by the Biden rule.

Posts: 17219 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
The Weatherby .22 rifle is the only thing that I would want.

I'd take the .257. A classic rifle with classic (for the rifle) styling chambered for a classic cartridge from the classic place ( 20th century California, with the Hollywood connection that I believe John Wayne more or less established for them and that apparently led to the Weatherby rifles and cartridges really taking off) and the classic time in which the rifle and cartridge took off. I don't know that it's magic, but talk about being able to hold a time and place in your own two hands!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've known for some time, that the media thinks I have an arsenal but this is the first time I've learned it's beyond "massive".

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose that double barrel shotguns are acceptable among the Hollywood elite.

Yes - Crazy Uncle Joe said they're alright - said if you shoot a couple rounds into the air, all threats will disappear.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10716 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of nice S&Ws, but the estimates in the auction catalog are ridiculously low. For example, they have a pre-27 3.5 inch N frame estimated at $800-1200. I wish!

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Lots of nice S&Ws, but the estimates in the auction catalog are ridiculously low. For example, they have a pre-27 3.5 inch N frame estimated at $800-1200. I wish!

Oh that one caught my eye as well. I'll give them $1200 right now. Look at those grips.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
I suppose that double barrel shotguns are acceptable among the Hollywood elite.

Yes - Crazy Uncle Joe said they're alright - said if you shoot a couple rounds into the air, all threats will disappear.

An oldie but a goodie....

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16390 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everything the Hollywood elite do is acceptable among the Hollywood elite. But they're elite. The same rules do not apply to you and me.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might have to keep an eye on the auction and maybe register to bid. I wasn’t a fan of Jerry Lewis but I am a fan of Berettas and if I could get one of those Centurions cheap... of course, it would be a shooter for me.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
He seemed to be a huge Beretta fan but I might register to bid on that 1990 ball signed by the Red Sox. Nothing particularly impressive about that year but it was signed to him, he apparently believed in the 2nd ammmendment, and he had a CCW.

I'd put that ball in my collection with pride.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Styles of men’s watches sure have changed. Definitely nice quality time pieces. Estimates seem low

Also seems he was a mossberg man. Had some interesting choices.

The pre 27 needs further research, those grips could be worth half the price of the gun depending on maker.

The fast draw colt with holster set would be cool if you could prove that’s the setup he used in his act.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post