SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2025 Corvette C8 ZR1 tops 233mph
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2025 Corvette C8 ZR1 tops 233mph Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
233mph, that's amazing it really is. but... ( pardon me while I put on my flame retard suit that I know I'll need to survive this post) The top speed limit in Michigan is 75mph, and there are some states that have 85mph limits. I have to question if there are any roads where anywhere near 233mph is a safe speed. Well go ahead flame on.
Rod

Autobahn or a race track would be my only guesses, and not many tracks where you'd be likely to get it up that high.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16035 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
233mph, that's amazing it really is. but... Well go ahead flame on.
Rod

No flame. The fact that the car has the power, aerodynamics, and handling to go that fast means that on track day, at 145, you have a ton of power, stability and handling still to use. If you are, by almost any definition going like hell, you still are well inside the performance envelope of the car, rather than at it's limit.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12962 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger41:

I can get the same thrill at a lower price point. 119 on my BMW R90S motorcycle was all the excitement I could handle.
125 mph on my R100RS on the autobahn. Something was coming up fast behind me, so I moved to the right lane and slowed down, and watched a MB 450SEL / 6.3L go flying by.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Once?

Coming home from Daytona Beach Bike Week, I got up to 77mph on a Hayabusa.

Posts: 16233 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the more learned members can elaborate or correct me, but I think that any racetrack used for competition must be designed in such a way that there is no straight section longer than X. This was implemented decades(?) ago, in an effort to enhance safety by reducing max attainable speeds. The chicanes in the LeMans Mulsane(?) straight are a result of this rule. However, with advances in car technology, it seems the speeds now reached within the confines of the shorter straights are maybe greater than those that roused the concern that prompted the rule.

Posts: 2488 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
When I was young and dumb I hit 134 in my '87 Honda Accord going across Vermont. In retrospect, I can't believe I was that reckless.

My brother in law has a Demon and took me out for a ride. I could not believe how quick it was to 100.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2433 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Coming home from Daytona Beach Bike Week, I got up to 77mph on a Hayabusa.
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I maxed out at 95 on an old Honda 360 CC two cylinder road bike when I was 17, I mighta got a few more out of it but I chickened out, since the bike had lots of miles on it, and old country road wasn't smooth, and the telephone poles were flying by at a pretty good clip. The foolishness and joys of youth. I got up to 120 in an Oldsmobile Delta 88 station wagon once that I bought from a dude, after I replaced some broken piston rings. It was a smooth, great ride, but I chickened out again since that particular stretch was a known smokey hangout, and I didn't want to get caught in a 55 mph zone going that fast, and losing my license. Yea I was young. Both good memories. If I had the money to go that fast in a car made to do it safely, I don't have the driving skills or the youth to do anything like that, as fun as that would be. What do they say, too bad youth is wasted on the young ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8944 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
The government will probably try and put some type of governor on the motor that cannot be bypassed or totally outlaw the sale and possession in this country to keep it off the roads............................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2095 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
The government will probably try and put some type of governor on the motor that cannot be bypassed or totally outlaw the sale and possession in this country to keep it off the roads............................ drill sgt.

I don’t think that will happen with a $200k+ car since there won’t be many of them around.

You will eventually see it happen to EV’s that have crazy acceleration that just about anyone can buy. Someone will crash one into a building and the entire building will collapse and then the government will have to “protect” us.

Posts: 4017 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
233mph, that's amazing it really is. but... ( pardon me while I put on my flame retard suit that I know I'll need to survive this post) The top speed limit in Michigan is 75mph, and there are some states that have 85mph limits. I have to question if there are any roads where anywhere near 233mph is a safe speed. Well go ahead flame on.
Rod

And some states have 10 round magazine limits and assault weapons bans, why would anyone need anything like that or own anything remotely fun.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11898 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post