SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2025 Corvette C8 ZR1 tops 233mph
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2025 Corvette C8 ZR1 tops 233mph Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
Now one of the fastest production cars on the planet the Corvette C8 ZR1 just hit 233+ mph on a test track.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38293 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I’ve gone 130 mph in my Porsche and cannot imagine going another 100 mph more than that!!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1338 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s incredible!

Posts: 1732 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Now that I can, in the realm of possibility, own one, I am too fucking old to get in and out.

I'd have to give up food and alcohol for a good bit

Posts: 4102 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I’ve gone 130 mph in my Porsche and cannot imagine going another 100 mph more than that!!

Fastest I've gone was in my modified 2003 Corvette Z06 at 145 mph going from Fort Sill, Oklahoma down to Wichita Falls, Texas many years ago.

Posts: 13321 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That car is wicked and will be easily over $200k if you can even get one. Would be sweet to be rich. The Demon 170 didn’t hold the title for the most powerful internal combustion car ever made for very long did it.

Posts: 4017 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Soon to be found wrapped around a tree by a You Tube loser.

Top speed is neat and all, but it’s all about using the power of any given machine in a corner. For that end the top speed is click bait. That top speed, well you couldn’t even use it on any track I’ve ever ran laps at. And that’s a lot of tracks. I am glad we are competing with Ze Germans and the Italians however.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, some tool won’t push it anywhere but in a miles long straight line. Even gentle turns at that speed are a recipe for disaster.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15863 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

Fastest I've gone was in my modified 2003 Corvette Z06 at 145 mph going from Fort Sill, Oklahoma down to Wichita Falls, Texas many years ago.

That's about the same place I hit my record. A 92 LT1 which was modified, I hit 161 on 287 headed to Oklahoma from Dallas. Not a cop in sight!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5186 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Absolutely insane. I love that GM is still pushing the limit.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7166 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Fastest I've gone was in my modified 2003 Corvette Z06 at 145 mph going from Fort Sill, Oklahoma down to Wichita Falls, Texas many years ago.[/QUOTE]

Not fast enough leaving Ft Sill.

Posts: 843 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
I can get the same thrill at a lower price point. 119 on my BMW R90S motorcycle was all the excitement I could handle.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 981 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Top speed is neat and all, but it’s all about using the power of any given machine in a corner. For that end the top speed is click bait. That top speed, well you couldn’t even use it on any track I’ve ever ran laps at. And that’s a lot of tracks. I am glad we are competing with Ze Germans and the Italians however.

There's always one, LOL

Link

It turns corners as well, they are testing at Nürburgring, lets hope it sets a record...

Posts: 24394 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I have a niece who worked on this car. She and her husband work for GM. She is an engineer at GM. You'd think I'd have the inside track on info. But they both are very tight lipped on anything Corvette. They know I am a Z06 owner and long time fan. So they let me know when something is being released but not until it is actually released to the press! Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2823 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
233mph, that's amazing it really is. but... ( pardon me while I put on my flame retard suit that I know I'll need to survive this post) The top speed limit in Michigan is 75mph, and there are some states that have 85mph limits. I have to question if there are any roads where anywhere near 233mph is a safe speed. Well go ahead flame on.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1737 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm fart tube fan, but that test car needs a more prominent and emotional soundtrack for the surrounding world to hear it coming. "Wwwhhhoooooossshhh" doesn't cut it. That's the sound a Rolls would make if the chaps at Goodwood ever decided to build their own version of a supersonic projectile.

-MG

Posts: 2241 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is impressive and stupid fast.

Posts: 7105 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am impressed that GM can and will build this vette. I saw a video a while back about the engine in this car, and it is like nothing built in the USA prior. Awesome machine that makes me want one even though I could no longer do it justice.

Posts: 6732 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to question if there are any roads where anywhere near 233mph is a safe speed...

Well just think of how off-put the few billionaire owners of the new Bugatti Bolide will be when they can't find anyplace to run their $4M car up to its 311 MPG top speed.

In the end it's pretty much all about bragging rights. Few humans are talented enough to take a car with this much capability up to its limits.

quote:

More like soon to be vaporized by that tree by a YT loser. Just sayin' Wink

-MG

Posts: 2241 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

Can't do that nowadays, the road is in need of resurfacing.

That turnpike speed limit is now 80, I frequently get passed by cars going 95-100 ish, blows my Camry doors off.

Posts: 12002 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post