SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is it with some people and their need to comment on everything?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is it with some people and their need to comment on everything? Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted
My wife is a real estate agent. She's new, but business is already bustling. I help out a bunch by acting as her broker, taking the photos and making the videos, sitting at open houses, and interpreting contracts for her.

We have a listing on the other side of the county from where we live. Middle class to upper middle class neighborhood built in the 30's to 60's. This house had the original owners living in it for the past 40+ years, and it was the worse house in the neighborhood. It looked like a BAD episode from the tv show hoarders. The city condemned the house.

An investor bought the property, spent way more money than the property or neighborhood deserved, and remodeled the property from top to bottom--new roof, poured a new driveway, new AC, and replaced literally everything that wasn't behind drywall. New windows, doors, outlets, switches, kitchens, bathrooms, etc and so on and so forth. Repaired 30 feet of block wall in the backyard, but left the backyard unfinished but leveled and clean. The front yard was redone with sprinklers and new sod was put in. A basic flowerbed was put in.

The interior is very much modernized. The exterior is commensurate with the neighborhood. It's a small 1100 sq ft house house. A starter house by my standards, with as unoffensive a front and back yard as you can get to make your own.

House has been on the market for like 5 days, and we already have offers.

Some asshole calls my wife this morning (from the phone number on the for sale sign) and just bitches at her about how she should be ashamed of herself for listing a house in that condition. Just rants on and on about how the house has no curb appeal, how there are cracks on the block wall, about how the back yard is unfinished, etc and so on.

Not wanting to give the guy the satisfaction of a response, my wife just puts the phone on mute and until he realizes no one was responding and he hangs up. His last comments were "just what I thought."

It's obviously a neighbor. He's seen the house being worked on for the past 3 months. He knows what it looks like before, and knows all the rumors about the people that lived in it.

So, basically, some random fucker doesn't even want to buy the house. Just wants to call and bitch to the realtor about a house that has been completely redone and will pull the value of the neighborhood up. Then gets irritated because my wife doesn't want to respond to his abuse.

Don't be that guy that just needs to have his opinion heard.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have said "sir, speak up please, I can't hear you........" Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
“If you see something, say something!” Big Grin

You said an old man. Otherwise, I would be worried that maybe my first wife was on the loose again. She wasn’t happy unless she was miserable about something.

Hopefully this old man isn't head of the HOA!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd hire a whole van full of day workers from the
Home depot to mill around out side and have them look at some contracts, give'em some lemonade and a sandwich.

maybe swing by and pick up two or three of their families.

and watch the old fart leap in too orbit while pooping himself

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm 70. Am I old? If not, when will I be? I'm asking because you seem to have lumped all old people into one pot, therefore it will good to know when to start commenting on everything. Roll Eyes

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not just old people.

Posts: 7116 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Some people, irrespective of age, are just incessant complainers who labor under the delusion that others value their caustic and unsolicited opinions.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you hit 46,000 posts , let me know Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I'm 70. Am I old? If not, when will I be? I'm asking because you seem to have lumped all old people into one pot, therefore it will good to know when to start commenting on everything. Roll Eyes

Jim

Big Grin

Millennials have been lumped into one pot for years, can’t let them have all the fun right?

Posts: 2348 | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Point taken. Original post edited to ensure that it's inclusive of all assholes, irrespective of age =)

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
While people like that are bitching about something, they’re trying to think of something else to bitch about.

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I would have said "sir, speak up please, I can't hear you........" Big Grin

sorry sir, sounds like we have a bad connection, I only caught about every third word,

could you start over, I want to make sure I can answer correctly,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10589 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
When selling by Dad's home, after he passed, I had one example similar to this. The realtor was taking a client to look at the house when an older fellow walked up and started to tell the client why they shouldn't buy the house!

Realtor called me and I found out it was a neighbor, in fact he'd worked with my Dad. He'd never been a bad guy, got old and got bitter. His wife called me and apologized, he never interfered again.

Fast forward several years - the house next to him is on the market, he sees a couple looking at it, doesn't like their look (use your imagination), buys the house and has it bulldozed!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
so, when commenting on this thread, does it mean you have a propensity to comment on everything? Big Grin

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
In to comment.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Some people are just complainers.

Give it all the attention it is due.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
OP - FYI; sounds like the backyard is "dog friendly" or "dog ready." Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Fast forward several years - the house next to him is on the market, he sees a couple looking at it, doesn't like their look (use your imagination), buys the house and has it bulldozed!

I know a guy who bought his ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD as the houses came up for sale, to keep the riff raff out.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Confess, how many people opened this thread wondering of they were the subject of the post?

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5012 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think it looks like shit too. You should be ashamed. I will give you 25k right now just so we can all put this behind us. Smile

People suck. As soon as you embrace that you can get around to being happily surprised when they don’t.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post