SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is it with some people and their need to comment on everything?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is it with some people and their need to comment on everything? Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I think it looks like shit too. You should be ashamed. I will give you 25k right now just so we can all put this behind us. Smile

People suck. As soon as you embrace that you can get around to being happily surprised when they don’t.

Real estate here is obnoxiously expensive. 25k might get you 40 square feet.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Am I old?

For an apricot, yes.

For a head of lettuce, even more so.

For a mountain, you have not even begun in years.

For a man, you are just right.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32050 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ohh I know how much CA real estate is. Hence my “offer”. Wink

Point is people are jerks. You get enough of them in a group there are bound to be a few asshats. You found one in the neighborhood. Probably would have been just as upset if it had been turned into a palace.

Good luck with the wife’s new vocation.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
See tag line...

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3127 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Some people, irrespective of age, are just incessant complainers who labor under the delusion that others value their caustic and unsolicited opinions.

totally this

never let them get you down

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Am I old?

For an apricot, yes.

For a head of lettuce, even more so.

For a mountain, you have not even begun in years.

For a man, you are just right.

Of those 70 years I've acted like an adult in around 30 of them. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Replace “for sale” sign with one that says, “Opening Soon, Strip Club!”

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Fast forward several years - the house next to him is on the market, he sees a couple looking at it, doesn't like their look (use your imagination), buys the house and has it bulldozed!

I know a guy who bought his ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD as the houses came up for sale, to keep the riff raff out.

I admit, I like the thinking if not the price. I do generally like my neighbors... but I could easily get a 100 yard underground range going here.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2395 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Dealing with people like that I've learned to keep my tact and simply say "Have a nice day sir (or ma'am)", if I'm really irritated, I'll even smile.

or this:

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4637 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Confess, how many people opened this thread wondering of they were the subject of the post?

I just opened it to complain about the title.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Some people are just complainers.

Give it all the attention it is due.

jhe, that's a memorable quote right there!

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10859 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Q? “Are you interesting in purchasing the house”?
If not, have a nice day > Hang up...

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If they call again, I’d tell them something like this-

“Sir, thank you so much for your information; we have adjusted the price drastically. As a result, we immediately received and accepted an offer from a large family from Mexico that will be including several extended family members. They informed me that they will be sleeping in shifts so that they can all work, concentrate on having children, and repair cars in the yard for sale locally. Thanks again for helping make their dream come through”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If he was making some comments to try to beat down the price, I could somewhat understand. But in this situation, sounds like he's doing it for no reason.

Posts: 13312 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was that it was people jumping in to comment about someone’s buying a 40 S&W pistol or—Gasp!—how he cleans his guns.

6.4/93.6

“I regret that I am to now die in the belief, that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776, to acquire self-government and happiness to their country, is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be, that I live not to weep over it.”
— Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 47717 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Well, lemme tell you what I think!

(Blah, blah, blah, blah...)

Some people are just assholes. Not much to be done about them, other than avoiding and evading.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Here's one fur the post count..... I have nothing else to say.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post