SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ASCENSUS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ASCENSUS Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone dealt with these folks for retirement account management? The company provides maintenance of plan documents that governs qualified retirement plans.

They handle all the IRS mandated restatement services for my retirement plan.

I feel I am being hosed big time and need help with this issue. I do all the work with investments and such. These folks make sure it is OK with Uncle Sam.

The fees are outrageous for little to nothing and their CSR is like Direct TV.

They are out of the twin cities. They essentialy provide document compliant services.

If you make a mistake in calculations for withdrawal the penalty is 50 percent.

I will move my business in a heartbeat for something reasonable. My CPA does not want to do the compliance stuff. He is great but 75 and on his way out of the work force.

Any CPA that can do this is welcome to the business.

Posts: 17249 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I use them for my business 401(k) (bought my original Expert Plan) primarily for the same reason, my Accountant doesn't want to handle the details and probably gets a kickback from them. I have done well with them but you are correct, the fees are on the high side.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slappin' dat Bass!
Picture of bassman
posted Hide Post
Check out PCS Retirement in Philadelphia. My wife works there and they get lots of transfers from Acsensus.

Posts: 1630 | Registered: November 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
I use them for my business 401(k) (bought my original Expert Plan) primarily for the same reason, my Accountant doesn't want to handle the details and probably gets a kickback from them. I have done well with them but you are correct, the fees are on the high side.

If your CPA is getting paid by anyone, he/she needs to disclose that to you in writing! Not a CPA, rules may differ.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
PCS Retirement in Philadelphia

^^^
Thanks. sent them an email. They have to be better.

Posts: 17249 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post