SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Five economists will decide how much Californians pay in reparations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Five economists will decide how much Californians pay in reparations Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Get paid by their own families that sold them.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
More race pandering. If California thinks paying any group for doing nothing but existing will pan out for the state, they have lost their collective minds. There better not be one cent from federal dollars in any way, shape, or form. Let the loony leftists foot the bill or fight it when they realize it will take monies away from more pressing needs.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Isn't there even a requirement that they need to show that they are actually descendants of slaves?

Half have no idea who their biological father is, but wave money in front of them & all of a sudden they can trace their family all the way back to a specific village in Africa in the 1700's?

Bull poop!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of Biden, a few days in office, has a group of "historians" in to tell him how to best make his presidency historical. They basically said go all in left.

Now California with the economists. The lesson is clear, don't give the keys to the palace to academics.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's actually comical. This won't wash away their self loathing, though. It's an interesting experiment...let's see if this enriches the targeted group and what the long term consequences become.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
The panel can make all the recommendations they want. Let me know when the Legislature passes a bill and the Governor signs it.

You jest..right? Whatever these nuts come up with the Dems and Governor Brylcream will go along with it..it's CALIFONIA. They already give relief checks to "illegal immigrants" Why stop now.

We are so glad to be out of that Shithole state.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great idea. I'm all for it and I encourage California to get this done ASAP.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
The panel can make all the recommendations they want. Let me know when the Legislature passes a bill and the Governor signs it.

You're kidding, right?

CA Democrats have supermajorities in both houses of their legislature, in fact 3/4 in both Assembly and Senate. Bills only require a simple majority or some with 2/3. Plus they can override any veto.

No CA Democrat will go on record to vote against a reparations bill for blacks, they would be labeled racists for life.

In fact, the first of the year is usually when the most retarded laws start to go in effect. I'll bet CA has some doozies this year Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another way to buy votes with your tax money.

What could go wrong?

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
How much money? All of it, of course. It’s the only direction this concept goes.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If they require the trash to provide provenance that they are descendant from slavery, the vast majority will go unpaid, and the legislators look fair and equitable to the rest of the state. If they pay out willy nilly to anyone of African descent regardless of bloodlines, the state will be bankrupt in short order and will ask uncle sugar for money the fed doesn’t have. Congress would of course say no, thereby proving republicans are just a bunch of racists.

If they in fact pass this foolishness, the I predict left will try to export it to every Democrat controlled city in the country; why stop with Kalifornia? Every pol, Republican or not that dissents will be instant racists. It’ll be the year of George Floyd all over again. These traitors want us divided. They can succeed without paying out a dime, retain the black vote piggy bank (as usual).

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It could be 300 trillion. It won't be enough. If you need wealth desperately enough to demand it, you are not producing enough on your own. If you are not producing enough, you will consume everything given and be found right where you were to begin with.......likely even worse. This is why lottery winners go broke a few years after winning.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
You're kidding, right?

Why would I be kidding? Let me know when they pass the law requiring reparations. I enjoy a good laugh as much as the next guy.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would politicians vote to “give” American blacks money?

I’m “Irish American”, England owes my family money.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reparations- coming soon to liberal shithole States like Illinois and New York if this becomes a reality.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
It could be 300 trillion. It won't be enough. If you need wealth desperately enough to demand it, you are not producing enough on your own. If you are not producing enough, you will consume everything given and be found right where you were to begin with.......likely even worse. This is why lottery winners go broke a few years after winning.

This is exactly what will happen if they get reparations. A year or two down the road they'll want more and it will never be enough.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would only cost Californians about 354K per capita according to the 2020 census. Of course that may not take the "Undocumented" into account.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Did our Asian Americans get any Reparations when they were sent to the relocation camps in WW2?

I know they finally got an apology and I know those from the camps who joined the armed forces are the most decorated due to their actions.

I truly cant remember if they got a payout. Or did they accept the apology and learn from History that this should never happen again.

And not dredge up past history to make money from it. But then again, look who was on this current reparations committee.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is NOT going to happen. The proposed guidelines are FULL of California government bureaucracy. For instance to prove you were a direct descendent of slaves you must trace your ancestry back to the 1800s. That is not a simple task. You must also prove that you are African American. That will not be easy. On and on. It is California and should just be a curiousity for those living in other states.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
If CA owes reparations to anybody, shouldn't it be the Mexicans & native Americans that occupied the state a couple hundred years ago?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post