SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Traveling >750 miles for a Medical Procedure
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling >750 miles for a Medical Procedure Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thank you, all of you. I talked to the Mayo in Rochester this morning. As I type this, my wife is mailing discs with X-rays, MRIs and radiologist’s reports up to Minnesota. Interestingly, I found out this morning that a well-known Orthopaedic surgeon in Denver went down to Barrow for his own spine surgery. I’m sure both are great, but just the phone conversations I’ve had with the two facilities have dramatically turned my focus to the Mayo; I’ve been disappointed in the communication from Barrow.

Posts: 13276 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Getting complex, non-emergent issues in front of the right people is well worth the time and cost. Glad to hear you've engaged with the Mayo.

Best of luck with the process, the travel, the treatment and the recovery!

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will say a prayer for you, Tom.
Hope all comes out well.

PC

Posts: 1340 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Thank you, all of you. I talked to the Mayo in Rochester this morning. As I type this, my wife is mailing discs with X-rays, MRIs and radiologist’s reports up to Minnesota. Interestingly, I found out this morning that a well-known Orthopaedic surgeon in Denver went down to Barrow for his own spine surgery. I’m sure both are great, but just the phone conversations I’ve had with the two facilities have dramatically turned my focus to the Mayo; I’ve been disappointed in the communication from Barrow.

I’m glad to hear that. People come from all over the world to the Mayo in Rochester. They are the best.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post