SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do others notice something amiss in the photo for this article?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do others notice something amiss in the photo for this article? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's definitely showing bad form but it doesn't look like the left thumb is high enough to get wacked by the slide to me.

Could be the blurry photo though.

Posts: 4000 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I was thumb dumb once.....Learned real quick.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3634 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I was at my local indoor range a few months ago, and the next lane over had some guy in his 30's teaching his mom to shoot some compact Kahr 9mm. Whether he instructed her to, or failed to instruct her not to, she held and shot the pistol the same way. I was half cringing the entire time, waiting for the wail of anguish that somehow never came. Don't know how she managed to not peel her thumb.

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
It's definitely showing bad form but it doesn't look like the left thumb is high enough to get wacked by the slide to me.

Could be the blurry photo though.

I think the thumb is safe. I shot like that until someone told be about thumbs forward grip. I was taught originally to hold a gun like that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ok, OP, what is it that you see that's amiss? Inquiring minds want to know. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion the grip puts the shooter at risk of getting thumb wacked by the slide. I realize there are different styles but I was always taught to shoot thumbs forward. That grip might be OK for a revolver, but with my gun handling skills it would be a mistake.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The LCI is abnormally high to my eyes.

Very good eyes. I did not notice that until you pointed it out and I went back and looked again.

I was cringing at the thumb placement, when I first looked. As someone else stated, it only takes one time.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1992 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2-3 butterfly band-aids or 4x4 gauze cut up and medical tape. It's gonna bleed a lot.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
I guess you all missed this in the corner

"Getty Images"

Its a stock photo nothing to do with the actual shooting.

http://www.gettyimages.com/

Of course it's a stock photo. I doubt anyone thought they went and got the shooter to pose for it.

Doesn't change the fact that it demonstrates fail. Kind of like the infamous HK photo, which isn't any less full of fail just because it wasn't someone's carry setup.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post