SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do others notice something amiss in the photo for this article?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do others notice something amiss in the photo for this article? Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's gonna be an ouchie

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
He'll only do it once

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Railroad Track.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It took quite a while to train my wife not to grip a handgun like that. This was her natural inclination anytime she grabbed a handgun.

It got to the point where I was momentarily tempted to stop constantly correcting her and simply allow nature to take its course, knowing that she wouldn't do it again. But luckily, she got the hang of it eventually.

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Revolver shooter?

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
We call that a self-correcting error.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1916 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The gun is loaded and finger on the trigger? Hopefully it's pointed in a safe direction.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Eh not really thumb over thumb. Looks more like a 1960's/70's two handed grip. Support hand holds the wrist. At least it is not teacup and saucer grip. In any case poor grip.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It took quite a while to train my wife not to grip a handgun like that. This was her natural inclination anytime she grabbed a handgun.

It got to the point where I was momentarily tempted to stop constantly correcting her and simply allow nature to take its course, knowing that she wouldn't do it again. But luckily, she got the hang of it eventually.

Mine did the same thing. I showed her a video from Hickok45 on YouTube where he took a hot dog and held it behind the slide and fired the gun, cutting the hot dog in half. She stopped gripping the gun that way.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
My dad did that once.

Once.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The LCI is abnormally high to my eyes.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw this once at an indoor range near me. Husband had his wife with him. I walked over to help, which I try not to, and he told me to mind my own business. Turned around and went back to my lane. Couple minutes later and they were out at the front counter getting band aids.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife got 4 stitches that way. She kept shooting though, fired off 8 more mags before I could get her to let me apply pressure. Said she might be bleeding in a confrontation and wouldn't stop then, so training gotta be realistic. But then, she was my M-60 gunner back in the day.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah! It's an SR9!

Smile

The support thumb looks far enough back that the slide might miss it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8153 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
A guy next to me at a range was gripping a Glock 40 like that. I told him he was going to lose that thumb if he pulled the trigger. He thanked me over and over.

Posts: 6592 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess you all missed this in the corner

"Getty Images"

Its a stock photo nothing to do with the actual shooting.

http://www.gettyimages.com/

Posts: 4777 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
When we were transitioning our people from the revolver to semi-autos in the 80's I could always identify the guys who had been through the transition course. They had a band aid around their left thumb.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finger on the trigger ? God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3091 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Saw this once at an indoor range near me. Husband had his wife with him. I walked over to help, which I try not to, and he told me to mind my own business. Turned around and went back to my lane. Couple minutes later and they were out at the front counter getting band aids.

I normally keep to myself as well, but when at the range or behind the gun counter, upon seeing someone grip a semi auto pistol in this manner, I will step in and tactfully inform them that in the interest of their thumb's safety and well being, they really shouldn't use that type of hold. I've only been rebuffed a time or two.. and seen blood a time or two. Wink I watched one gentleman do it back to back. Eek Roll Eyes

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post