SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Knew This Day was Coming - A Few Photos
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Knew This Day was Coming - A Few Photos Login/Join 
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
I am saddened to read of this. My sincere condolences.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
When I was in deep despair, one of the songs that kept me afloat had "no more sorrows, no more pain..."

Rest In Peace to her and comfort to you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
My condolences. Prayers offered to you and all family and friends.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
That's terrible, I'm so sorry.

I keep you guys in my thoughts.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences sent

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this. My thought and prayers are with you and family.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3853 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 620 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences. May God bless and keep your family.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stay strong. Prayers sent

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So sorry. My parents' favorite Hymns come to mind: "It Is Well With My Soul" (mom); and "In the Garden" (dad).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. The arrangements are finalized. The service is next Thursday from 4 until 8.

Tracy and I actually had our own song that seemed to sum up our relationship pretty well - The Scientist by Coldplay. Even though she was a country music girl at heart she loved that song.

I start my day now like every day out in my back deck with a cup of coffee. Except now I raise my glass and say ‘morning Tracy’ watching the sun come up from behind the mountains.

It’s going to be a lot different.

Posts: 53074 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry.
I wish I had the words that would give comfort. Just here wishing you the family the best in this time.

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
My heartfelt condolences and prayers for your comfort.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry.

You are in my prayers.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It has been a couple of weeks now and its true - life does move on - the pain of losing my friend is abating but the hurt is still there. I don't expect it will go away.

I asked Tracy and she consented to me posting a few photos. She was a trooper to the end - I only recall her complaining once about being in some discomfort - I later learned that she had two broken ribs from all the coughing spells she had gone through.

So here are the photos - in no particular order.

Thanks to Mark for hosting them. Much appreciated - I've had a lot on my plate the past while.

Posts: 53074 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Having trouble seeing the screen to type this. A beautiful woman and obviously the two of you were very close. I hope as time goes by you are able to remember her without pain.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
God bless you both, Greg.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12742 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post