SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mexico’s Fuel Theft Issues May Exceed Drug Issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexico’s Fuel Theft Issues May Exceed Drug Issues Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
Here is a great, albeit long, diatribe on the cartels stealing fuel in Mexico. Mexico has really gone to $hit in the past couple of years.

Link

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mexico went to shit a lot longer than a couple years ago

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And everyone's been stealing fuel from the pipelines down there for a lot longer than the last couple of years.

See, for example, http://www.pri.org/stories/201...ars-daily-fuel-theft

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Until Mexico, and points south, solve their corruption problems and other social issues, the United States won't be able to solve the illegal immigration problem.
We can spend a fortune to beat it back some, but it will just be temporary.
That's a part of the world that should be very prosperous. Natural resources, access to the sea on both sides, the largest market for just about anything just over their northern border.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
We lack the will and political control to stop it, not the ability.

Not that I think it will ever happen, but a DMZ-level border will absolutely stop 99% of it.

And it would do so overnight.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Not that I think it will ever happen, but a DMZ-level border will absolutely stop 99% of it.

Exactly. If it works in Korea it would damn sure work here

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

The DMZ was under 60 miles wide and we could use air strikes as needed. And it didn't work.

The US-Mexico border is about 1954 miles.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I watched a tv special on this last week.
The pipe lines are shallow and criss cross in very easily distinguished areas.
They dig down and put in a tap. Takes 40 min they said.
Need to just start killing anyone carrying a rifle over there.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mexico is one of the few countries where I've been held up and extorted at gunpoint with an automatic weapon. In that case, by a government employee.

I'm not a big fan of Mexico, on many levels.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
But are the fuel thieves murdering 30,000 people per year?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a shithole.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
And it will spread to the US if not stopped...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
which have a lot more than $2.5 billion to spend and easy access to a booming firearms black market, thanks to lax regulations in the U.S. Nowadays, firefights between the cartels and the armed forces can be outright urban infantry battles, with machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades and even helicopter gunships unloading on safe houses.

Roll Eyes

Anybody know where I can buy me a machine gun and some RPG's on the cheap? Perhaps a used Cobra gunship?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
which have a lot more than $2.5 billion to spend and easy access to a booming firearms black market, thanks to lax regulations in the U.S. Nowadays, firefights between the cartels and the armed forces can be outright urban infantry battles, with machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades and even helicopter gunships unloading on safe houses.

Roll Eyes

Anybody know where I can buy me a machine gun and some RPG's on the cheap? Perhaps a used Cobra gunship?

You're too late. Holder is gone.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post