SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a Spypoint Camera? Where are my pictures going?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a Spypoint Camera? Where are my pictures going? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I recently picked up a Spypoint Camera with the cellular service. I actually picked up this first one as a security camera inside my cabin as you get 100 free pictures a month.
If I have 100 pictures a month since I turn off the camera while I am there we have a serious issue.
I am currently in the first 30 days unlimited for free trial period so maybe this is where the issue is.

I have an iPhone and have instant notifications set up.
So far just kind of been testing it out so I would click the notification banner that was just sent and the Spypoint app open and take me straight to the pictures. Just testing so I would delete them straight away.

Now I have the camera set in place. I was at the cabin working yesterday and since I am in the free unlimited I did not turn the camera off.

I also did not bother clicking any of the notification bars.

I get home the App logo has a little 80 in the corner. I open the app and it opens up to the picture tab and there are no pictures.
Says no photos found.
I shut down the app completely and re login

Still no pictures.

It’s too late now to pull up any notification bars to see if I can access the pictures.

Is this normal? I sure hope not as I can’t always jump on the notification tab right when it happens.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Could they be going right to your download file?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Just speculating. Maybe the picture taking/saving is disabled when your cell phone location shows that you are in the vicinity? You know, for "privacy."

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
https://webapp.spypoint.com/login

Go here on computer or web browser on phone. login, your device should pop up. click on it and see if you have pictures that way. I noticed yesterday there was some wonkyness going on but it did clear up. My set up is still out in the woods sending me pictures daily.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
I use to delete pics trying to keep things tidied up but those pictures self prune after a while. They will be on you Micro SD card though.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
Also in the app when your looking at pictures even though it doesn't show anything swipe the screen down and that refreshes

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Nothing on the web app.
Nothing when you refresh.
Had a notification this morning 2 pictures.
Same thing open the App and nada.

————————————————

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
1. If you have more than one camera make sure on the phone app go to cameras select the one you want to see then pictures. Same on web app if you got more than one camera. What % signal and battery percent you got last time it communicated, and what time did it communicate last .

2. On app. on phone Go to cameras, then settings, cellular setup and see what you have selected for transfer frequency. Should be on each detection.

3. On app go to cameras your spypoint camera will be listed generic or what ever you named it. next to the name of your camera to the right it should say photo transmission plan and how many days you got left.

You could always power your phone all the way down restart reopen app and login to see if that helps. It's to bad you deleted old pictures just to know that the where stored.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
You get it sorted out?

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Nope.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Not sure where they are from the description and advice others have given, but their tech support is very good and while they have an accent it's usually French Canadien as opposed to Indian.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
$5 million ransom or they go in the trash.

Nonsequential Chuck e Cheese tokens only.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Not sure where they are from the description and advice others have given, but their tech support is very good and while they have an accent it's usually French Canadien as opposed to Indian.

I need to shoot them an email and see if they have any suggestions.
If that does not help I guess I’ll call next time I am at the cabin so I can physically access the camera.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Think I may have figured it out.
Being that I was using the free account I did not register my name address and phone number just plugged in an email address.
I added that to my profile and actually registered for the free account.

So far I am able to get to the pictures without clicking the notification banner immediately and my pictures are hanging in the account.

We’ll see if it stays that way.

————————————————

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
Good news. I think you'll be set. I didn't think to ask if you registered it. Kinda assumed you did.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP