SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    These are tense days at Olive Garden
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These are tense days at Olive Garden Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
People actually eat there?
Here in Georgia, Frankie’s I’d the best kept secret of Italian kitchens.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I can agree the manager did not handle the situation appropriately. It speaks to laziness and ineptitude on the part of the workers and the lack of training for a manager. I friend of mine was a Regional Manager of over 50 restaurants. There was a mild coating of ice on the roads and people were calling in. He fired them all per company policy. If our military handles absenteeism the same way we are totally fucked.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Well, it was.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"If you’re sick, you need to come prove it to us. If your dog died, you need to bring him in and prove it to us," the now-fired manager said.

The team leader claimed that staffing shortages had left the management fed up with the amount of personal time that workers were taking off.

"I came in sick. I got in a wreck literally on my way to work on time, airbags went off and my car was totaled, but you know what, I made it to work, ON TIME!" the heated note read. "There are no more excuses. If you’re here to work and want to work, then work."

If this guy has the work ethic he claims he won't have any trouble getting another job.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24176 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Heeeeey!
At Olive Garden we treat you like Family!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8396 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, you never know- given the way American workers have become lazier and more apathetic over the past two and a half years, he may have been dealing with some genuine goldbricks. Also, note that his remarks came after "totalling" his car. The guy wasn't at his best and was under a lot of stress.

I know I wouldn't want to be dealing with the new American worker- lazy and entitled.

I have noticed that some businesses hire very well, young people that is. I know some of that depends on region/location, but I believe there are good workers to be found almost anywhere, even in shitholes. Not many maybe, but they exist. But the businesses that hire well are often exceptions and not the rule. Some businesses excel at hiring the worst possible quality people, something I don't understand. I don't know what the recipe is for those that hire well, but it's like majik.
Chick-Fil-A seems to do it well.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re the manager. You hired these people. You trained them. Manage it.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Well, it was.

No, they kept the staff and recipes.

They are still the same. We went there last weekend. The same waiter we've had for the last 20 years still served us and the chef was still cooking up awesomeness.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34139 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The employees should throw their aprons in the new managers face, quit, and start building their very own cocaine empires.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just make sure Chi Chi doesn't leave the yeyo.

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post