SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    North Texas Weather.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Texas Weather. Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
July 6, high temp mid 80's and a little gentle rain at 15:00 hours dropping the temp t0 80~ Grilled on the Weber and ate outside. It was wonderful. I've lived here for 30 some years and I can't remember a better spring and early summer as weather goes. I hope I haven't put the whammy on it although forward forecast has no extreme temps and occasional showers. Life is good.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Dallas area here. Love the cool temperatures. Church had a hot dog/burger cookout Sunday and I ate my 2 dogs outside in the shade. Nice.

I'm about to do a cruise of the Columbia River, and the weather up there has been horrendous! 115° in Portland? Wow! Hopefully the river will mitigate that somewhat.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Cool spring and summer here too. At my shack near Blue Ridge it was 58 degrees the morning of the fourth of July. 58, in Georgia, in July!
Exceptional.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Up here near Paris TX/OK border, hot hot lol

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Closer to the coast myself, but do have family land roughly halfway between Houston and Dallas.

Was up at that property this weekend to do a few things and visit my parents, and I was outside assembling a feeder when the PM storm blew in that hit DFW earlier in the day.

Pointed the direction the clouds were moving from to my father and asked him when he could remember multiple storm systems moving through from the North, in July. He stood there for a few moments and then responded that he actually couldn’t recall.

Been a strange one for sure, but not unwelcome as long as it’s knocking that heat down.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
We have been here 10 years and this spring has been the best we have experienced.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It sounds like much of Texas is getting our normal spring and early summer weather. We have been breaking daily highs for a month now. We get a few triple digit temps every year but nothing like this year. The fire season is going to be brutal in the months ahead I'm afraid. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:

My Dad lives in Paris. Headed that way tomorrow for a few days.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
37 miles East of downtown Dallas, 13 miles East of Rockwall. We have enjoyed this spring and early summer.

Posts: 416 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Arizona. We're in a heat wave, but that's why God invented Beer and Swimming pools.

I still shoot twice a week, one of them outdoors.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It has been fairly cool here in Houston (for summer), but it is because we have had one of the wettest late springs and early summers I can remember.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by golddot:

My Dad lives in Paris. Headed that way tomorrow for a few days.[/QUO

we need a DFW GTG for forum members
!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My Dad lives in Paris. Headed that way tomorrow for a few days.

while you are in Paris, U can try the 107 diner, good but an outdoor venue so depends on weather. the food is pretty good. when you come thru sulphur springs they have a SUPER pizza place called arturos, 5 minutes off I 30 , Paris has a good pizza place called Lazy T's , it is right next to Crazy House western wear and the owner is big time Pro 2 a !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Enjoying it while it lasts.

Usually I can wash cars in July and they stay pretty clean for a month. We have heat driven storms every few days that are kind of messing with normal expectations.

It's nice, but the last two years I was kinda hoping for some typical hotter'n hell Texas summers so as to run off at least a few of these Cali transplants. When next year rolls around and the really oppressive heat comes to stay for a while, the new folks will believe it to be an emergency condition. Like when it's still 100 degrees at 9:30PM and never cools down, other than relative to daytime.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

It's nice, but the last two years I was kinda hoping for some typical hotter'n hell Texas summers so as to run off at least a few of these Cali transplants.

Agree. I'm an odd duck though. I am enjoying this 90 degree high temps, but I don't hate the 100 degree days. It might seem weird for a guy born and raised in the Chicago area, but extended/extreme winter as we had last year is tough on me. My diagnosed MDS severely reduces my tolerance to cold weather.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by golddot:

My Dad lives in Paris. Headed that way tomorrow for a few days.[/QUO

!

I agree. Maxey Rifleman Gun Club is less than a mile from my Dad's place so I became a member so I could run down there a plink a bit when I visit.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
I have 300 acres, with a KD range of 800 yards ..no neighbors, lots of space LOL

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
It sounds like much of Texas is getting our normal spring and early summer weather. We have been breaking daily highs for a month now. We get a few triple digit temps every year but nothing like this year. The fire season is going to be brutal in the months ahead I'm afraid. Frown

Jim
North Texas is the beneficiary of the portions of Texas along the Gulf Coast being locked in our 3rd extended rain pattern. The amount of rainfall is greater south of I-10 and southwest of Houston (eg Rockport) are flooding. I live north of I-10 so I’m getting 10 or 15 cooler weather than normal, but getting more rain than North Texas and less rain than south of I-10.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
!
I agree! It's been way too long since the last one. I'm always good to go as long as it's not more than an hour's drive away.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, several Texas members met at the DFW Gun Club. Not long after many more from Texas and New Mexico met in Weatherford. I lived in San Antonio at the time. His was in the early 2000’s.

We also used to have regular range days at Cedar Ridge Range in Comal County.

I am up for a GTG.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post