SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Regency Bridge, near San Saba, Texas.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Regency Bridge, near San Saba, Texas. Login/Join 
Picture of fwbulldog
posted
Had a great ride today to the Regency Bridge . It's 19 miles northwest of San Saba, TX. It crosses the Colorado River.

Built in 1937 it's one of the last suspension bridges in Texas still open to traffic. It's been open/closed off and on for several years.

I'll use any excuse to play with my drone. Motorcycles and flying cameras? I love this stuff.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Regency bridge is one of the "must do" day rides in Texas. It's a nice ride from north Texas. The bridge used to be featured on the opening shots of Texas Country Reporter. It's beautiful.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you brought back some fresh pecans from San Saba.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I wish. One thing that’s hard to explain about traveling by motorcycle is experiencing the smells of a place.

I could smell the pecan factory as we hit town. At that point we were running short on time, so I didn’t get to stop.

Definitely next time.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post