SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I retired after +26 years in LE...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I retired after +26 years in LE... Login/Join 
Picture of Sig M11
posted
I was ready. I stayed an extra month to get through one last Money Laundering trial.

I did my first LEOSA qualification last night with the new EDC, HK USP Compact 45.

I will be going to Jersey a lot so something 10 rounds or less made sense.

I also have a P225 and a P7M8.

The trick with NJ is...Hornady Critical Duty does not count as a HP.

Anyway. I'm done. Took six days off and am now doing a corporate security deal, which has been very nice so far.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Welcome to the retired from public service world. It’s nice!
I did 28 plus years fire service….retired just over a year ago and couldn’t be happier. Good luck with your next chapter

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your tour of duty...You have earned you change of venue.................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! I am thinking 10 more years and I will pull the plug. 25 years in right now. I have to wait because our retirement sucks.

Enjoy yourself!!

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Congratulations sir.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12650 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig M11:
I was ready. I stayed an extra month to get through one last Money Laundering trial.

I did my first LEOSA qualification last night with the new EDC, HK USP Compact 45.

I will be going to Jersey a lot so something 10 rounds or less made sense.

I also have a P225 and a P7M8.

The trick with NJ is...Hornady Critical Duty does not count as a HP.

Anyway. I'm done. Took six days off and am now doing a corporate security deal, which has been very nice so far.

Congrats.

Posts: 1045 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Thank you for your service and enjoy!!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Congratulations! Thank you for your service and enjoy!!!

I can only agree.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Congrats!
18 as a street cop and 10 as a fish cop.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Congrats- good feeling isn’t it?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Congrats. That’s a lot of service.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I did 31 and punched out in 2015. The agency kept me on as a retired annuitant for 3.5 years working part time. I’m glad to be done. Enjoy yourself. Time is the one thing you can never get back.

Posts: 766 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Congrats, and enjoy!

Posts: 4024 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Well done and congratulations.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Congratulations
Mine ended ago next week
Enjoy the next chapter

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I just finished 25 in May and was actually considering retiring next spring but I think I’m getting promoted on Wednesday so I will redecide then.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8027 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
congratulations

Posts: 6404 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Posts: 148 | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post