SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I retired after +26 years in LE...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I retired after +26 years in LE... Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Congrats and enjoy yourself!!!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, stay safe and thanks for you service.

I’m contemplating retiring in Feb 2024 after 25 years. I might stick around two more years if my health holds up…..dealing with the Big C right now. We’ll see come Feb.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3439 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Thank you for your service protecting your community! Enjoy your new gig.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!
Thank you for your service!

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That's a big deal. Glad you landed a good post-retirement gig.

Smart choice on the CCW pistol, too.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Congrats. If not already, you will soon be wondering how you ever found time to work.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Posts: 343 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Straight from trial to retirement is a HUGE transition.

I went in October. I occasionally try to dredge up a single regret. So far... nope.

As for New Jersey? Load your pockets with hollowpoints and go for a stroll on one of the Boardwalks: Suck it, New Jersey.

Posts: 2471 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your well deserved retirement!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Congrats man ! 23 years on the Job now and I have 5 more left till I walk.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post