SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Traveling with Firearms New Harassment and Delays from TSA
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling with Firearms New Harassment and Delays from TSA Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Maybe some Airline CEO's should open their eyes and realize that some folks don't/won't select air travel because they don't want to deal with the TSA and all their bullshit.

Airlines don't have the option of telling the TSA what to do or not to do. The TSA does not work for the airlines. Airlines rent gate space at the airport for enplaning and deplaning passengers, and counter space to receive bags. Municipalities and port authorities run airports. The federal government runs the TSA.

No, but if it starts cutting even further into the airlines' bottom line, they might decide to go and lobby congress to reign in the TSA a little.

My own experience flying with guns is exactly once, in 2014 from Portland to Anchorage to Fairbanks and back a few days later. I declared the revolver at the ticket counter and filled out the form, which was placed inside the baggage along with the locked pistol case. No issues, no delays, the ticket agent didn't so much as raise an eyebrow. Then again it was Alaska Airlines, so they may be used to it. My baggage had TSA locks on it, but the pistol case had a pair of non-TSA Master locks on it.

But that was several years ago. Based on what I'm hearing now I'd be a little less willing to fly with a gun.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post