SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Living With Coyotes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Living With Coyotes Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
http://myfwc.com/media/2675483...th-Urban-Coyotes.pdf

Here's the FWC's recommendations for modern day humans to share their habitat with the immigrants.

It seems so 'woke' and inclusive, and compassionate.

Coyotes do play an important role in the
ecosystem by helping to keep rodent
populations under control.

"Coyotes eat whatever is available, including fruits, nuts, seeds, dead animals, rodents, garbage, pet food, domestic cats and small dogs.

Don’t let coyotes intimidate you. Frighten away coyotes by making loud noises and acting
aggressively, such as waving your arms in the air, throwing sticks at it or spraying it with a hose. lol

"Teach children to recognize and not to run from coyotes. If children are approached, have them
move slowly into a house or climb up on a swing, tree" lol

"Where coyote encounters occur regularly, walk pets at other times besides nighttime hours, dusk and dawn. Carry something that will make noise or scare the animal, such as a small air horn, big water pistol, solid walking stick, golf club or paintball gun. These things may deter the coyote at close range. Make a “coyote shaker” by putting a few washers, pebbles or pennies into an empty soft drink can. Wrap the can in foil and tape closed. Continue “hazing” the coyote until the animal leaves; otherwise
the coyote will learn to wait to leave until the
activity stops."

Yes, well, I was thinking '.17WSM' OH, right. "Urban."

Posts: 16206 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, Virginia, the SJW's and snowflakes are behind it all:

In Georgia:

"Associated Press
Updated:June 23, 2018, 6:18 p.m.

  

A coalition of more than 25 wildlife and animal protection organizations, including the Humane Society of the United States, delivered letters Tuesday, June 19, urging Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal to cancel the “Georgia Coyote Challenge.”

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported the Humane Society of the United States and other groups recently sent letters urging Gov. Nathan Deal to cancel the event

During the six-month period from March to August the challenge offers Georgia residents the chance to win a lifetime hunting license.

Residents enter to win the license by providing photo evidence of having killed a coyote. Individuals are allowed to submit up to 10 entries, each representing one coyote killed."

"The contest also encourages an unethical attitude, she said. “We are beyond killing animals for prizes and fun,” she told National Public Radio. “This should be part of our history books.”

Christopher Mowry, associate professor of biology at Berry College and director of the Atlanta Coyote Project, said “wildlife killing contests are antithetical to responsible hunting ethics.”

https://www.gainesvilletimes.c...ates-bounty-coyotes/

Posts: 16206 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Coyotes are an invasive species in my area. I kill them whenever I see them.

Posts: 2050 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Typical leftist trash mentality. They think coyotes are cute cuddly Disney characters that have a place in the places we live. They kill a lot of whitetail around these parts, along with turkey, rabbits, grouse, not to mention domestic animals when they aren’t protected. There are tons of videos of the things killing cats and dogs. Not too many where they’re killing rodents, I notice.

If I was lucky to see one from the stand, it’d be dead. I’d happily tell any stupid, retarded, squooshy hearted leftist that I was happy as hell to do it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw one during an early morning round of golf in Sun City Summerlin (Las Vegas).
Guess I need to add a can of washers and pepples to my golf bag.
I'm sure it was looking for a BF of rabbit or poodle. Sucker was brave, came within about 30 foot of me like no cares in the world.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighborhood backs up on the Southwest Florida Water Management District land and a wilderness preserve so we get a lot of wild animals wandering around. We've been getting more 'Yote sightings the last couple years. My wife and I will see one about every other month while walking the dog these days.

The 'yote population increasing has correlated with the feral cat population (that my neighbors like to feed) decreasing. Since coyotes don't sleep on my truck and piss under my shed and workshop, I feel it's been a step up in wild animal issues.

YMMV

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Coyotes are an invasive species in my area. I kill them whenever I see them.

I did the same when deer hunting back in the midwest. Rolled one at about 75 yards with a slug shotgun. Fairly pleased with my shot.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I always carry something that "Makes noise" when I walk my dogs. It is .38 caliber.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We shot them in NC whenever they were seen. I haven't see one yet in Texas...but rest assured, when I do I will follow the "Three S'".

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My house backs up to a wash and we have a ton of them. They are getting more bold and less fearful so I have started carrying when walking dogs

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Every body loves Wile E Coyote until he eats little Fifi.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post

Posts: 487 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
We have a couple of downright huge yotes around here. Is .357mag aggressive enough?

Posts: 10045 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

6.5x55 Swede does a pretty good job at anchoring them Wink

We've lost several newborn calves to them. We've also seen them kill deer and they've played hell on the rabbit population. Dad has a simple "kill em all" rule. If he sees you pass one up while deer hunting, you're done deer hunting for the season!

Posts: 2860 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Every body loves Wile E Coyote until he eats little Fifi.

And yet some people are repeatedly told to NOT put poor little Fifi or nice kitty unattended in the yard.

Result is a quick lunch for Wile.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would have enough power, if you could hit it. Coyotes are fast, but most likely they would approach you slowly, with caution.

I was on a long and steep bike ride about two years ago, and was huffing and puffing while grinding my way up the road. A healthy coyote came over to me, about 20 feet away, hoping I would get tired and he would have a quick and filling meal.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Frighten away coyotes by making loud noises and acting aggressively

Got it.
Fire till yote stops, drops and rolls should be aggressive enough.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Our very residential neighborhood is constantly missing cats that are let out at night.

The 'yotes are eating well.

Posts: 1571 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
where I live we have hundreds of them - can hear them howling at dawn and dusk - pretty cool sound

they have even walked around my yard and up to my front door - my front hard isn't fenced - back yard is.

I don't know anyone around here that kills them, unlike gophers, ground squirrels and snakes

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I was standing in my secluded driveway one dusk, a coyote came up on me. He was stalking a groundhog that was just off the drive in the brush, another coyote on its other side a few feet deeper in the brush. The coyote in my drive passed by me no more than five feet, he never took his eyes off the groundhog, I might as well not have even been there.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post