SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a cell phone that uses verizon, that does not use apple or android.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a cell phone that uses verizon, that does not use apple or android. Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Samsung's got one waiting in the wings--if you'd be nuts enough to trust Samsung.

Why do you say that?

Because Samsung's software quality and their record on consumer privacy are both execrable.

I don't have a Samsung smart anything in the home for that reason. I'll be wanting a TV for the man cave, eventually. It may be a Samsung TV. And it may even be a Samsung smart TV. But if it is a Samsung smart TV, it will be blocked at the Internet firewall. And it will be a hard-wired connection, not wireless.

I wouldn't own a Samsung mobile device on a bet. But I'm crazy that way. I tend to shun highly-exploitable and highly-exploited software.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using a win phone for about three years. It is about ready to give up the ghost. I'll probably go Apple just because my wife has one. I would have never gone win if I was a big app user, they just don't have many. About all I use my phone for is a camera, calling, and music player.

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe switch gears. Is there a way to pair back google/androids invasive nature from my s8 +

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
You could go through all the settings. I'm not really learned on Android, but I think there's some stuff you can only access in Development Mode. The wording on some permissions might require a positive or negative affirmation.

That said, manufacturers make tweaks to Android, so there may be other stuff. Yeah, I'm not confident in Samsung after their Smart TV voice recognition (default ON) transmitted and saved all conversations.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post