SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sirius XM Settlement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sirius XM Settlement Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
Signed up for the class action, wasn't expecting squat as usual. Check for $81 arrived today. Sweet!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You got $81. And what did the lawyers get?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
You got $81. And what did the lawyers get?

Millions!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Signed up for the class action, wasn't expecting squat as usual. Check for $81 arrived today. Sweet!

what settlement??? been a xm/Sirius user for 20 yrs now.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Seriously....What Settlement? What Class Action? Inquiring minds (of disgruntled customers) want to know!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8905 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Why is anyone still using sirius radio when there are so many better free apps for listening to music? And no stupid fucking asshat DJ ruining the damn songs

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Why is anyone still using sirius radio when there are so many better free apps for listening to music? And no stupid fucking asshat DJ ruining the damn songs

Because you still get advertisements with those apps, and I don't get 4G (or any cell service whatsoever as a matter of fact) when I'm off-roading or just spending time in the High Uintas.

They also use data and suck down battery life.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Also, you can get play by play mlb... hockey and even a few other sports. Also, the comedy channels added great. Lastly, Howard Stern interviews can be great.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have had Sirius for 10+ years and have never listened to a single music channel. That’s not why lots of people have it. Talk radio, comedy, etc... is what I pay for.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because Howard Stern.

And commercial-free music.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

I have had Sirius for 10+ years and have never listened to a single music channel. That’s not why lots of people have it. Talk radio, comedy, etc... is what I pay for.

Same here. I do occasionally listen to podcasts though.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I found the safety of using my iPhone through a bluetooth gizmo was quite poor. I can control the SiriusXM via steering wheel controls, and the radio preset buttons allow me to pick the 12 stations I want easily. No settlement for me, sadly. Was not aware.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
https://www.siriusxmtcpasettlement.com/en

Pretty good return on my investment of $0.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
My 2016 Expedition came with Sirius supposedly free for 5 years because the original owner chose the option of the nav package with Sirius Travel Link.
So I though I would download the app on my phone so I could listen to Sirius in the house via blue tooth speaker system.

I realized because it came with the vehicle I didn't have a user account or password. I went on chat with Sirius customer service. Gave them the vin for the vehicle and they told me no audio service was subscribed to the vehicle.
I said ok, thank you, bye now.

I,m still getting all the Sirius channels I want in the vehicle. So I don't know if I'm getting something I shouldn't or if Sirius is messed up.
I wouldn't pay for it as I'm not in the vehicle that much.

However the new Eagles channel on Sirius is awesome. Some excellent music on that channel.
They are rebroadcasting the Eagles performance from the Grand Ol Opry from earlier this month at 1:00 central time today. This might be their first performance post Glen Frey. Frey's son Deacon and Vince Gill replace Glen.
I might have to sit in the truck or take a road trip today. Cool

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'm glad those theiving, incompetent morons got raked over the coals. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the lawsuit.

Posts: 26913 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post