SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    3D CAD guys -- convert .f3d to SolidWorks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3D CAD guys -- convert .f3d to SolidWorks? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Good morning and happy new year, all.

I'm doing some CAD tinkering on my day off, and I've grabbed a .f3d file from Thingiverse. (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3759466/files) Problem is, I can't use it in SolidWorks.

I'm thinking this is a Fusion 360 file? Does anyone here have the tools to convert it to a part (.sldprt) file? I can import the available STL, but what I really want to do is import the model and then modify it some.

Thank you.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm novice in fusion360, no idea how to do what you ask, but I can try.
a*ndysn*ider*1*2*ATgmail
remove the *

if the file is huge, just give me a link on thingiverse, I'll DL it myself.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, snidera!

The path to the item on Thingiverse is https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3759466/files and the .f3d file is the second one (477kb).

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry, my media server/pc took a crap today -monthly parity check was choking everything, had to kill the windows VM that F3D is on to keep paw patrol playing or there would have been much gnashing of teeth.....

I can't export to .sldprt from F3D.
options are:
.dwg
.dxf
.fbx
.igs (.iges)
.obj
.sat
.skp
.smt
.STP (.step)
.stl

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
We KNOW you'd better not interrupt Paw Patrol! Big Grin

I appreciate your trying. I'll tinker with it at work a little tomorrow, and bug the pros there too.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
In the days of autocad & solidworks, .dxf was usually a decent way to move back & forth. That was 15+ years ago.
1st google result says to use .step, check your email.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
The .step file came in beautifully, Andy. Thank you!

God bless America.