SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PSA- FREE (or almost free) upgrade to iPhone 13 from all the major carriers….
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA- FREE (or almost free) upgrade to iPhone 13 from all the major carriers…. Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
All of the carriers are giving fantastic trade-in values to iPhone Xs, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12 models towards a new iPhone 13.

If you trade in a 12 for similar 13, should be “free”. Older models for a similar 13 will cost you a little out of pocket.

I just ordered two iPhone 13 Pro Max 256gb versions for myself and my wife at $1100 each. Verizon is giving me $1000 trade in on my 11 Pro Max 256gb and $800 trade in on my wife’s Xs Max 256gb.

Trade in is paid as bill credit over 30 months, offsetting monthly phone payment. No contract obligation, but if you drop line or switch carriers you forfeit remaining monthly credits (and have to pay off phone).

I know I won’t be leaving Verizon, so no risk to me (YMMV).

Can’t beat that deal with a stick. The other carriers are doing similar, but may have different specifics though.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sprint was similar. Just upgraded my Uncle’s phone from a 6 to an 11. With trade in of his 6, it was only $100 over 30 months Mom got $800 credit toward a 13 for her 7.
So if you are thinking now could be the time for an upgrade.

PS. One one the grandkids will probably talk her into swapping.

PPS. Only 3 and half months until 3g is turned off and we have to train flip phone dad on how to answer an IPhone. Confused

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I've ordered mine through Verizon. My iPhone 12 Pro is <1 year old, still money owed on it; but after trade-in I will be paying less per month for an iPhone 13 Pro with 1 TB.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
T-Mobile has that offer too. But I don’t think that the iPhone 13 Pro is that much of an advance over my iPhone 12 Pro. I’ll stick with my iPhone 12 Pro and avoid the hassle.

ETA: When I bought the iPhone 12 Pro, I thought it was a sweet spot in the iPhone model sequence. I still think so.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
T-Mobile has that offer too. But I don’t think that the iPhone 13 Pro is much of an advance over my iPhone 12 Pro. I’ll stick with my iPhone 12 Pro and avoid the hassle.

But if you can swap the 12 to the 13 at minimal cost, I’d do it anyway. If for no other reason than to reset the warranty period and have a fresh battery.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I traded my wife’s iPhone X for a 13 at no cost and my iPhone 11 Pro for a 13 pro also for no cost. Both on Verizon. They also have a veterans discount.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4236 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I just got an iPhone 12 Pro about 6 or 7 months ago. I'll pop into a Verizon sometime and see what's up. Phone is fine, but I'd be happy to get a half-year newer unit if the cost is nil.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I tried but Verizon wants me to increase my plan to Unlimited 5G which will cost $50 extra per month.

Posts: 3232 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Verizon does not seem to be staffed for sales. I gave up on "chat" after waiting more than half hour for the "next available rep."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30713 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
T Mobile's deal requires you to have or upgrade to their "Max" plan, and the "free" stuff comes in a monthly credit to offset the monthly charge for the phone. Want to move to a different carrier and this cancels the monthly credits and you have to pay the balance due for the phone. It's a 30 month deal. It does however entitle you "lifetime" upgrades to the latest greatest every two years with the same offsetting credit so you get a free phone every two years. That's how they lock you in to their service.

My phones are 11's and I'm going to wait awhile. The rep on the phone told me the offerings change every few months and other than 5G, a slightly better camera, and possibly better battery life I don't see anything that would compel me to jump on that deal. I could change my mind down the line though as I do like having the latest gear.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
My iPhone 7 with 32GB is about due for a change.

Just can't wait to see who is going to pop in and say their iPhone 1 still works well and won't be upgrading. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13140 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post