SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mac book A1466 won't charge "UPDATE"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mac book A1466 won't charge "UPDATE" Login/Join 
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Nothing was in writing, just oral statements. So it becomes a “he said,he said” situation, it was in the last hour of the day I was in there and left about fifteen minutes before closing. And in the guy’s exact words “that Pepsi is in the worst place that this can happen.” Just pisses me off,I should have taken a photo of the photo he showed me, that way I would have had some proof of the B.S. I was handed. But trying to help my kid, she was panicking, trying to get my grandson to bed, he’s three, 60 miles round trip to the store, etc., you get the idea.

No, I’m just going to move forward from here. I put her replacement on my Amazon card, got her six months to pay it off which she needs due to a divorce. I gave her what she could have sold it as a non working unit and now have a replacement for my six year old laptop.

BUT! Not going to the Apple Store again.

Well that’s fine, but Apple can’t address problems in their stores if nobody ever lets them know about issues when they occur. I had an issue at a local Apple store a few years back. I fired off a complaint directly to Tim Cook’s email. While he may not personally read every email he receives, I did get a response the next day.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
I have had nothing but great service from the Apple stores around here.

Of course I don't show up at closing time with no appointment.

Therein lies the problem, I bet.

Bob

Maybe, but an appointment was not made by her cat to knock the Pepsi over the keyboard either.

If they had said "Leave it, we will call you" I would have understood completely, there was still moisture evident wnen I returned home about an hour later, it dripped from the keyboard. So it's not like I showed up with a cosmetic issue. We were trying to minimize damage to it, it was not like I expected them to go full blown E.R. on it nor did I act like that. I worked full time 47 years in auto dealerships in fixed operations and still do in retirement part time in the motorcycle dealerships. But emergencies do happen and I would believe that a liquid spill into it would be an emergency.

No, my complaint is how I felt that we were being pushed into purchasing another Mac right there and then (which they did not even have within probably fifty miles at the other Apple stores)and of the extensive damage that was not evident when I took it to the second independent store. The guy at the independent repair shop said there was no sign of any damage except that one spot where there was corrosion and none on the bottom of the case either. My usual go-to guy in town really did not want to work on it, this I understand as he said he is unable to get replacement parts easily for them. And he did not charge me for his time either.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Belgian Blue,

Took your suggestion and emailed Tim Cook.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post