SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jack Higgins, Dead age 92
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jack Higgins, Dead age 92 Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
I enjoyed reading his novels. RIP sir

Link

Jack Higgins, author of 'The Eagle Has Landed,' dead at 92
Jack Higgins penned 'The Eagle Has Landed' about a fictional WW2 plot to kidnap Prime Minister Churchill

Publisher HarperCollins announced Saturday that Higgins died at his home on the English Channel island of Jersey surrounded by his family.

He reportedly was the author of more than 85 novels and was renowned as one of the greeted thriller writers of all time. Born Henry Patterson in Newcastle, England, in July 1929, Higgins served in the military before studying sociology at the London School of Economics. He became a teacher in the northern city of Leeds and a writer in his spare time, with novels that sold modestly starting in the late 1950s.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
RIP. He was a good author.

I read almost all of his books back in the 80's & maybe early 90's. The Eagle Has Landed & his other novels were good, and the Sean Dillon books were nice quick reads.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear. I have read most of his books.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Mr. Higgins. My handle on this forum was taken from a colloquial spelling in one of his novels.

Posts: 3148 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the Sean Dillon books would have made good movies!
R.I.P.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I thought the Sean Dillon books would have made good movies!
R.I.P.

They made 4 in the 90’s, 2 with Rob Lowe, and 2 with Kyle MacLachlan. I think for HBO.

I really enjoyed Jack Higgins’s early efforts, Eagle Has Landed and Storm Warning in particular. But toward the end of 90’s and into 2000’s I thought he was just phoning it in. Finally gave up around 2008, the last I read was Rough Justice.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was one of my favorite authors, especially his early books. The later ones got pretty repetitive. I wonder how many more of his books will come out now. Some authors seem to write more after their death than when they were alive.

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post