SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you read all the previous replies in a thread?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Do you read all the previous replies in a thread? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
They rent houseboats in Derby City? Jet skis?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Welcome from Derby City.

Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Yes I always read entire thread before replying. I'll skip some of the overly verbose replies (banshee) or when people top post. Also i always skip links with no description or video that are over five minutes long that no one else has referenced or replied to.

I've read 99% of all of the Trump threads which are pretty much a novel onto themselves.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Welcome from Derby City.

It's not quite on the same level as the signal mirrors over the stew field, or "born to live by the gun," but it's got potential.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^
They rent houseboats in Derby City? Jet skis?
OK, what did I miss? I've read all the posts in this thread and see nothing other than Ramius's "Welcome" that is an antecedent.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I do, on the you will buy a Glock thread I'm on page 436. I hope someday to post in that one as I have 9 Glocks and want everyone to know. Smile

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It depends, but often, and about half of those times I read them in reverse.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Welcome from Derby City.

It's not quite on the same level as the signal mirrors over the stew field, or "born to live by the gun," but it's got potential.

Somewhere on one of my hard drives is a copy of the stew field post in a txt file.

It's one of the funniest I've seen here, second only to Taco Bell Haiku that I didn't save a copy of. I only remember one line of one person's Haiku and it sort of set the tone... "churning gurgling burn"

Smile

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
OK, what did I miss? I've read all the posts in this thread and see nothing other than Ramius's "Welcome" that is an antecedent.

flashguy

They are off on some tangent....I can’t figure it out either....maybe there is a thread of epic trolling that we missed....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well, you have to be sure that the flag is indeed Canadian.....

Do my best to read the threads, generally if I'm going to reply I'll review the posts to be sure I"m not duplicating something.

A ditto isn't duplicating, JMO, but asking the same dang question, in the same thread, two or three posts below the questions original ask, AND when there is an answer to that question right after it's first asked fer christ sakes, you know, like a flag of canada, on a US Warship, there might be one, you know.. that flag....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
It depends, but often, and about half of those times I read them in reverse.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Welcome from Derby City.

Somewhere on one of my hard drives is a copy of the stew field post in a txt file.

It's one of the funniest I've seen here, second only to Taco Bell Haiku that I didn't save a copy of. I only remember one line of one person's Haiku and it sort of set the tone... "churning gurgling burn"

Smile

Yes!

I would love to reread the Taco Bell Haiku thread. It is incredible.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
The more you're tempted to post, the more reading you should do.

Nothing says I don't pay attention more than posting the same meme on the same page.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Report This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
flashguy

They are off on some tangent....I can’t figure it out either....maybe there is a thread of epic trolling that we missed....

It shows that some don’t read the all the posts in threads. Hence what you have here in this thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0084174?r=9050005174

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
For those that are confused.

quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
Welcome from Derby City.
Jeez Louise, man, read the thread. Roll Eyes

See the thread Hello from Texas as noted above for further explanation.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
quote:
flashguy

It shows that some don’t read the all the posts in threads. Hence what you have here in this thread.

Hahaha, I f’n read that thread, must have missed it....that’s funny now!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I almost always do. If it's on page 5 or 6 and I haven't posted, I rarely even bother. At that point what can be said has been said. If I do jump in late, I'll do as Para said and scan the last several pages looking for his avatar. Just want to make sure I don't run afoul of a rule or item of importance.

If it's a shit show of arguing, I usually just leave it.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Am I the first to say no?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
An apparent example is on page 123 of The Trump Presidency : Year IV ...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
quote:
flashguy

Hahaha, I f’n read that thread, must have missed it....that’s funny now!
I had not perused that particular thread. I don't see that it was referenced in this thread prior to my post. I don't think my question was unwarranted, as I don't think one should be expected to have read EVERY thread posted to the Forum.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Do I need to disinfect this thread with 409? Or Microwave my monitor?
I forgot....

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I can’t read the super long threads. So I do as others have mentioned. If I don’t have what is likely a unique perspective, I don’t post in the long ones at all. Same for the death and illness threads. Sometimes I get too bummed and don’t want to ruin it with my thoughts.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post